Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #1867
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Space child does look an awful lot like...

*snip*

That was what I was meaning.
Indeed he does, but that's not because they are the same entity. At several points during Legion's mission, it's pointed out that things are being represented in ways that are familiar to Shepard's consciousness simply to make them more "comforting". Since this child is heavy on his mind, the AI chooses that form to "interface" with him.

From a narrative perspective, it may be there in an attempt to draw closure to that sub-plot or it could be that the boy has come to represent the war (in it's entirety) to Shepard. We can debate whether or not it's clumsy (I'm inclined to agree that it is), but it's also not the big "WTF?!" that a lot of people make it out to be.

Quote:
I think it definitely could of been done better
As do I, however if I'm going to proceed with any degree of honesty, I have to retire to your Willy Wonka meme. Will you be there too?

Quote:
For me, you go back to ME1, and Soverign (sp) talks about the Reapers being far above human understanding and how humans cannot understand their motives, when you can actually explain it in a sentence, that I found highly frustrating.
Well, considering that Bioware had to release DLC + an Extended Cut to explain it and some people still don't get it, I think you might be over simplifying.

Quote:
It's not so much evil for evils sake as the motives behind it at least being more complex than what was explain in ME; I think thats my gripe was ultimately the explanation was simple.
I guess on that point we'll have to part ways, agreeing to respectfully disagree. I think there was more nuance than the game gets credit for.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,