Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #1869
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Regarding the Willy Wonka meme of "can you come up with somethin better?" ...people don't have to.
I agree. I do however think there's a difference between saying "I don't like the ending" and "the ending could have been better". I'm inclined to let the former stand (because it's someone voicing their opinion...which all of us have the right to do) whereas the latter is begging to be challenged with "how?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
But in terms of Mass Effect 3. After all this time I'll say this about it. It's not a BAD game (Metroid: Other M is a BAD game). It's a bad RPG, It has a bad ending, and it gave me no motivation to go back and replay the trilogy over again so I could play through an entirely alternate take of the three games because there was no point to doing that. So while it's not a bad game purely for the sake of being a bad game... it did diminish the impact and purpose of the games before it and that's why I don't like it.
Just because I want to understand: FPS only have to be fun, however RPGs have to have high replay value?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,