View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #1878
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
To me, the issue there is not that they said that at the release of ME1, it's that they were still saying that at the release of ME3. It would be one thing if the games had evolved over the series and Bioware was upfront and honest about it, but when the series' project director flat out knowingly lies about the impact of player choice on the final game in the series as it is being shipped out to customers, that's a whole other ballgame.
That's what's most disturbing about it to me. For a trilogy that claimed to drive home the point that the difficult choices you make throughout will really matter in the end, giving plays the option of three very similar choices was just wrong to me. For the entire trilogy, it was like Bioware gave you 1000 different paths to walk to tell your own story and make your own choices...but once you got to the end, all these roads converged into three narrow, eerily similar roads for you to make your choice and just hope you didn't choose the stupid outcome. But really, if you feel like you made a mistake, you could just load up your save game to 5 minutes earlier and pick another choice to see that ending - that's the definition of a flimsy ending right there.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,