View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Renegade Puma

Current Game: Star Trek Online
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chapter VII

Jor-el closed his eyes, bracing for the impact of the sabers and his death. The light sabers passed through his body and to his amazement he felt no pain. He looked back up at Vandar only to see him disappear before his very eyes. Confused and shaken Jor-el sat up. He noticed Linduu laying right beside him and his light saber was still attached to his belt.

“Hey, Wake up!” Jor-el exclaimed as he had his hand on Linduu’s shoulder shaking it trying to wake her up.

“Whaaa… hmmmm…” Linduu let out a scream, “What’s going on? What in the moon of Onderon just happened?”

“I don’t know, but I’ll bet the crystal can give us an answer as to what we just experienced. Are you ok? Can you move?” Jor-el asked as he helped her to her feet.

“Yeah I think so.”

“Alright then, let’s get inside the ship. I need to meditate on what we just went through and if you are as hungry as I am then it wouldn’t hurt to get some food either.”

They made their way back into the ship. Jor-el sealed the loading ramp immediately behind them. Next he went to the weapons computer and set the turrets to auto.

“Anything that comes near this ship is going to get blasted to pieces”

Linduu and Jor-el had a fulfilling meal that would have satisfied a Boma beast. Later they discussed all that they had seen and heard, as well as what answer they were going to give the Midichlorians.

Linduu got up from her sitting position. “I am going to turn in for the night. Well at least I think that it’s night. I can’t tell on this planet, it seems like it’s always dark. At any rate I am exhausted, goodnight cutie.”

“Must you persist in calling me that?”

“If it annoys you that much, then the answer is yes.”

Jor-el threw his hands up in the air. “Have it your way then. Go ahead and turn in, I am going to meditate for a while, try and center my thoughts.”

“Goodnight Jor-el.”

With that Jor-el went to his compartment and began to focus on the day’s events. His thoughts drifted from the beauty of the crystal and its light, to the insidious face of Lord Vandar. Deep into the night he heard noise coming from the compartment he had given to Linduu to sleep in. As he made his way to her room, he heard her talking. He peered around the corner only to see her in a deep sleep. “Ah she’s sleep talking” He thought to himself.

“Oh yes! Come closer Jor-el. Hold me, hold me tight. Hold me with those big muscular arms of yours. ………… oh just shut up and kiss me you fool.”

Jor-el was caught standing there in one of those moments where he didn’t know what to think. On one hand he wondered if Linduu really had a crush on him. On the other hand he wanted to burst out in laughter! Finally he just returned to his own bed. He fell asleep thinking about what the Midichlorians had told him that day.

The next morning Jor-el woke up to find Linduu sitting in the cargo bay munching on some breakfast.

“Good morning”

“Good morning to yourself cutie, are you ready to decide the fate of the universe today?”

“Very funny, yeah I’ve made my decision. Have you made yours?”

Linduu took another bite of food. “I have decided not to decide. I am just going to follow your lead. It’s all up to you.”

“Alright then, let me grab some chow and then we will be off to the cave. T-4 we will be leaving in 15 minutes or so. I want you to do some maintenance on the ship while we are gone. Check for any damage to the outside, the engines, or the computers. We will probably be gone for the whole day, so don’t worry about us.”

“Beep twoo beep beep.”

As they were about to leave the ship Jor-el looked at Linduu and asked, “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“What? What do you mean? What are you talking about?”

“Oh I think you know exactly what I mean.” Jor-el said with a sheepish grin on his face.

Linduu looked away from Jor-el. “Ok, whatever.”

With that they began their walk back to the cave. Once again Jor-el lighted their path using the force.

“That is so cool! Can you teach me to do that?”
“Perhaps one day, we shall see.” Jor-el replied.

Now at the hole in the ground Jor-el turned and asked Linduu.

“Would you like my big muscular arms to lower you down into the cave?”

Linduu was caught off guard by the comment, but tried to hide it. “What in the world are you talking about? Muscular arms? Um… that’s ok. I think I will just jump down like I did before.”

“Very well, have it your way.”

They made their way back to the crystal formation in the big cavern.

Once again the crystals glowed to life. “Greetings once again Jor-el Kenobi, Linduu Onasi, you seek the answer to what happened last night on the way back to your ship yes?”

“Um yeah… how did you…. Never mind I know how. So tell us, what do you know?”

“As we said, Vandar has sensed your presence through us. He learned long ago how to project, what you might call, a shadow of himself, through us and into someone’s mind. When he sensed you he focused in on your thoughts. Everything you saw was real, but only in your mind. Do not worry though, as we promised, we were able to shield your physical location from him, and will continue to do so should you decide to stay and accept our training. With that being said, what is your decision?”

“Can you teach me to do that whole mind projection thingy as well?” Jor-el asked the crystals.

“Yes we can do that and many more things.”

“In that case we accept your offer for training. Just tell us what to do, and we shall obey.” Jor-el said as he bowed to the ground in respect.

“Well now wait a second, I don’t know about obeying, per say….” Linduu said.

“Oh just shut up and kiss me you fool…” Jor-el blurted out with a smile.

Linduu had a look of embarrassment and curiosity on her face. “Were you eavesdropping in my mind during my dream last night?”

“Eavesdropping? Ha! You were blurting it out so loud during your sleep that a deaf Wookie could have heard it.”

Linduu was speechless for perhaps the first time in her life, she was so embarrassed.

“If you two are done playing around, then much training we have for you. Are you ready for what awaits you in the coming weeks?”

“We are” Came the reply in unison.

Some other really awesome Fanfics: Hidden shades of grey By JasraLantill, The Adventures of Jolee Bindo By Jae Onasi[/size]
Renegade Puma is offline   you may: