View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Renegade Puma

Current Game: Star Trek Online
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chapter IX
Part I

Jor-el and Linduu gazed into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. And they probably would have done so if the Midichlorians hadn’t interrupted.

“Ah, such a beautiful thing it is when two beings fall in love.”

“What? Oh no you must be mistaken Linduu and I were simply umm…. We were umm….. paying each other respect for completing the training, right Lin?”

Linduu did not reply, she simply looked down at her feet, trying to cover up the emotion she had just so freely displayed.

“Love is not something to run from young one, or to be taken lightly. Love has conquered many things throughout the ages of time once thought impossible to overcome. Do not let love bring you down. Rather, use it to lift you up. Love will be a light in the darkest of places, and a comfort in the hardest of times. Never fear to lose it, but rather, enjoy it while it is with you.” The Midichlorians had spoken wisely, and their words cut to the heart of both the Jedi.

With tears welling up in her eyes, Linduu bowed in respect before the Crystal. “Thank you for all your training, I promise it will be put to good use.” And with that she turned and ran out of the cave.

“It’s a good thing I taught her how to use the force to light her path in the darkness. Do you think that I upset her? Did I say something wrong?” Jor-el asked. His voice a little shaky.

“Did you not just deny the emotion that both of you were feeling for each other?”

“Yes, I suppose I did, but that’s not what I meant to do. What do you think I should do now?”

“It is hard to tell young one, the female gender of your species is quite unpredictable. Perhaps you should tell her the truth about how you feel.”

“Yeah I guess so it’s just that I don’t know how to approach her about it.”

“We are confident that you will find the right words, and the right time. Now, your training is completed, are you ready to depart? Are you ready for what the future is about to bring to you?”

“I’m as ready as I ever will be. Thank you for everything my masters, if we should prove victorious then I would like to return here and talk with you again.”

“We would like that very much Jor-el Kenobi. Now, be on your way. And what is it you say? Ah yes, may the force be with you.”

“And may the force be with y……..” Jor-el stopped to think about what he was saying, was he really going to tell the force to be with itself? “And may you be successful in all that you do. Goodbye my masters”

Jor-el left the cave and began his walk back to the ship, he struggle with what he would say to Linduu.

“Hey there Lin, I just wanted you to know that I find you perfectly satisfying. No you idiot! You can’t say that to her. Hmm…. Linduu I just want you to know that you mean so much to me that I would eat a raw gizka just to have you by my side. No, no I can’t say that either. Well I guess I am just going to have to wing it.”

Jor-el entered the ship and closed the loading ramp behind him. He just stood there by the loading bay, not knowing what to do next. Feelings of nervousness, heaviness, uncertainty and sensations he had never experience before began to flow through him.

“Beep beep boop”

“Yes T-4 we will be leaving soon. Go ahead and run a takeoff diagnostic on the ship, I’ll let you know when to fire up the engines.”

“Beep twoo”

Jor-el made his way to Linduu’s compartment, and standing just outside the door, he heard her crying. He looked around the corner and there she was lying on her bed, sobbing into her pillow and muttering something under her breath. Seeing her cry like this tore Jor-el apart, but he didn’t know what to say or do.

“I know your there, I can sense your presence, are you going to say something or just stand there?”

“Lin, why are you crying? Is it my fault? Was it what I said back in the cave?”

“You just don’t understand do you? Why do you think I am crying?” Linduu sobbed, she stopped to catch her breath and continued. “All these months, all the time we have spent together. Surely you must know how much I admire you? Surely you must have felt like we were growing closer together each day. Then again perhaps I was just being a silly little girl, with hopes and dreams not meant to be.”

“No, maybe you’re right, maybe I don’t understand” With that Jor-el entered her room, he knelt down by her bed, and grabbing her hand he said, “But there is one thing I do know. I know that when you enter into a room the whole world seems to light up. I know that when I look at you, I feel things that I have never felt before, things so wonderful, I never could have imagined they existed. When we talk I can’t help but get caught up into the warmth that the sound of your voice brings to my heart. I know that when I look into your eyes, your beautiful blue eyes, I feel like I am walking on the calm waters of Mannan in the midst of a moonlit night." Jor-el began to cry as well. "And right now, now that I am holding your hand I know that I never want to be alone again, that I want you by my side for the rest of my life, and that I want to love you and be loved by you in return.”

Linduu’s tears of sorrow quickly turned into tears of hope, and joy. “Do you mean that? Do you really mean everything that you just said?”

“I mean it with all my being Lin. You have touched places of my heart that I never knew existed, and I want you there, I want you there to stay.”

“Jor-el I don’t know what to say”

“Say that you love me Linduu Onasi. Because I love you, I love you more than life itself.”

“I do, I do love you”

Linduu sat up on the edge of her bed facing Jor-el. He wiped the tears from her eyes, and leaning in closer to her lips, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. They embraced for a long while until both of them stopped sobbing.

“There is so much I have to tell you Jor-el, so much that we have to talk about.”

“I know, I know, there is much that I have to tell you as well my love.”

Some other really awesome Fanfics: Hidden shades of grey By JasraLantill, The Adventures of Jolee Bindo By Jae Onasi[/size]
Renegade Puma is offline   you may: