View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
Renegade Puma

Current Game: Star Trek Online
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chapter XIV

Jor-el opened his eyes to the rays of sunlight that were filtering their way into the room through the window. His body was aching and his head felt like a Boma beast had stepped on it. He attempted to sit up only to fall back down to his pillow in pain. He then felt the soothing touch of Linduu’s hand upon his forehead.

“Easy there big guy, you had quite a day yesterday.” Linduu said in a caring voice.

“Linduu what happened? Where are we?”

“We are back in the apartment love, now rest, you need to let your body recuperate.”

Jor-el looked up at Linduu with curiosity and fear in his eyes. “Lin what happened? The last thing I remember was laying on the ground and that Sith was walking towards you and was about to dismember your head from your body. After that I blacked out, I can’t remember anything else.”

Linduu looked away from Jor-el and down at the floor. “All I know is that when I woke up from being unconscious, you were standing behind me. You looked like the most evil creature I had ever laid eyes on. Your face was contorted, your eyes were red, and your lightsaber was blood red as well.”

Jor-el was filled with horror on the inside, and it showed on his face. “I didn’t hurt you did I?”

“No my love, you didn’t touch me at all.”

Letting out a sigh of relief Jor-el asked, “You said that my eyes and saber were red?”

“Yes they were, it was one of the most horrifying moments of my life, but,” Linduu paused and looked into Jor-el’s eyes. “But when I spoke your name everything changed back to normal. Your face, eyes, saber, all of it, then you fell to the ground unconscious. Please Jor-el, I was so scared, please promise me that the whole evil transformation thing will never happen again.”

“I don’t know what happened love, and I don’t know how. But I promise that I will try my best to never let that happen again. And I promise that I will never ever hurt you.”

A few tears fell from Linduu’s eyes. “Okay, I will trust you.”

“And what happened to the Sith?” Jorel asked.

“All I know,” Linduu said. “Is that the assassin’s body was lying on the ground lifeless and burned. It appeared as if a lightsaber had been shoved through his chest. As for the burns, I don’t know. It’s possible that some of the fire from the ship got a hold of him.”

Jor-el thought for a moment. “I guess it is possible that I blacked out because of all the emotion that was running through me. Maybe it was me who killed the Sith. Perhaps I fed upon those feelings and became what I needed to become in order to save you. My master always told me that I had one of the strongest connections to the force that he had ever seen. But this might be a bit beyond that. What do you think?”

Linduu laid down beside Jor-el. “It is very likely that being trained by the Midichlorians themselves has caused us to become closer to the force than anyone ever thought possible. I mean some of the powers and abilities that we possess, you said no Jedi or Sith has ever been recorded as having them right?”

“Yes,” Jor-el said. “I guess that could explain a few things, what you are suggesting is possible. But as for my lightsaber changing colors, that is something that has never happened in the history of the order, at least not that I am aware of.”

Linduu had a revelation. “Wait, we took the crystals from the Midichlorian cave for our sabers right?”

“Yes we did” Jor-el replied.

“Well then what if these crystals are bonded to us? And since they are the same type of crystal that the Midichlorians speak through, then perhaps they possess special abilities as well. It is possible that the crystals change to reflect our mood, situation, or even our alignment with the force, ala light side or dark side.”

Jor-el smiled proudly. “Wow Lin, I think you are really on to something there, in fact I think you are absolutely right. That would sure explain a lot.”

Linduu pulled herself closer to Jor-el and kissed him on the cheek. “Well thank you love, I couldn’t have come to this conclusion without your help though.”

“I guess we will have to ask the Midichlorians about all this should we survive all that is to come. Hopefully we will be able to find our way back to their planet. But for now we must assume that all of our theories are correct.” Jor-el said.

Linduu got up out of bed and headed for the kitchen. “Are you hungry?”

“Yes Lin, I am starving.”

“What would you like me to make you?”

Jor-el smiled, “How about a brand new ship?”

“Ha ha, very funny sithy pants.” Linduu said as she poked her head around the corner, “How about some Gizka eggs and Drylek strips?”

“Yeah that will be fine.” Jor-el said as he managed to slowly pull himself to a sitting position on the edge of the bed. “You know that does present a whole new problem for us.”

“What are you talking about love?”

“Our ship, now that it has been destroyed we have no way off this rock.” Jor-el replied as he winced in pain standing to his feet, “Which means that we are sitting targets.”

“Yes I suppose you are right, which means that we need to figure something out fast.” Linduu came walking back into the room with the food. “What are you doing out of bed?”

“Bah, I can’t stand to be still when I have so much running through my head.” Jor-el said as he walked over to the window.

Linduu sighed, “Always on the move.”

Jor-el looked out over the city as the morning sun was hitting the tops of the buildings. “Hmm,” Jor-el thought aloud.

Linduu walked over to him and placed her hands on his shoulder. “What are you thinking Mr. Kenobi?” She began to gently massage his neck.

“That assassin had to come here by ship. Perhaps there is a way to find out which port it is in and steal it, I mean, borrow it temporarily. Lin where is T-4?”

“Oh he is in the front room standing guard.” She replied.

Jor-el turned around and looked at her inquisitively. “Standing guard?”

Linduu let out a chuckle, “Yes, I told him to use his shock arm on the first thing or person that came through the door and then to alert us.”

Jor-el yelled out to the front room. “T-4, come here please.”

“Beep beep dwoo.” The little droid responded as it came into the room.

Jor-el knelt down in front of it. “T-4, I need you to go find a computer port and try to hack into the docking control mainframe. Look for any records of a Sith raider or unregistered ship arriving in the last 3 days or so.”

“Dwoo.”

“Alright then off you go, make it as quick as possible.” Jor-el patted the little droid on the top of its metal head. T-4 turned around and exited the apartment complex.

Linduu helped Jor-el back to his feet. “That was really good thinking, let’s hope he finds something.”

30 minutes later T-4 returned to the apartment.

“Beep beep.”

Jor-el got up out from the table as he was just finishing his meal. “Great job T-4, I knew you could do it.”

Linduu came into the room from the back. “I take it he found what we are looking for?”

“Yes, he found a record of a Sith raider that landed 36 hours ago and tracked it down to dock C bay 7.”

“Then we will check it out in the morning.” Linduu said.

Jor-el put his cloak on. “No, we need to go now. Besides I have been out cold all night, so my body doesn’t need anymore rest.”

“Okay, if you say so fearless leader.” Linduu said with a hesitant tone in her voice.

“T-4 I want you to go to the raider now, we will meet you there in a few minutes. We just have to gather a few things first.” Jor-el instructed.

“Beep dwoo.” T-4 replied as he exited the complex.

5 minutes later Jor-el and Linduu were on their way to dock C. They found bay 7 where T-4 was sitting outside the door waiting for them to arrive.

“Okay T-4, do your stuff.”

T-4 plugged his arm into the computer port on the wall and began hacking away. Within seconds he had unlocked the bay door and they went inside. The raider was not much different from a Jedi fighter in design. It was slightly larger, having two seats in it instead of just one.

“Well looks like it’s time for us to get off this planet.” Jor-el said as he climbed into the cockpit. Linduu followed and sat in the seat right behind him. T-4 made his way over to underneath the wing, two mechanical arms came down and pulled him up into the droid holding compartment.

Jor-el studied the controls. “Let’s see now, how do we operate this thing. Ah there, looks like this thing is activated by that handprint device.” He said as he placed the palm of his hand on the sensor. Immediately upon touching it the ship’s cockpit closed itself and locked on top of them.

“Well this can’t be good.” Linduu said as she tried to push it open.

A pleasant female voice came through the ships computer. “Hand print I.D. not recognized. This ship will now return to the emergency location as a result of attempted theft.” With that the raider’s engines fired up.

“Jor-el, do something!” Linduu shouted as she buckled her safety harness.

“I’m trying, but nothing is responding! T-4 can you access the computer and stop this program?”

“Beep beep beep!”

“T-4 says that he is locked out of every system, looks like we are along for the ride Lin.”

“Well that’s just great now isn’t it Jor-el.” Linduu replied with a bit of anger in her voice.

The landing bay doors above them opened and the ship lifted off the ground. Upon clearing the atmosphere it began to power up its hyper-space engine.

“Jor-el it’s powering up for a hyper-space jump!”

“Yes, I know love. I am trying to stop it, could you please be quiet? You’re not helping things at the moment.”

Linduu folded her arms. “Humph.”

“Oh no, no no no!” Jor-el exclaimed. “This isn’t happening.”

“What now?” Linduu asked.

“The computer has set a course for Korriban!” Jor-el blurted out. “And I can’t stop it!”

With that the Sith raider entered hyper-space and disappeared from Tatooine.

Some other really awesome Fanfics: Hidden shades of grey By JasraLantill, The Adventures of Jolee Bindo By Jae Onasi[/size]
Renegade Puma is offline   you may: