Thread: [WIP] Quanons Crazy Projects!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #800
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
Nice! Good work. Not to be lame, but is there any chance you'd release such a helmet with a somewhat blander texture (that blends in a bit more)?
I'll see what I can do for a second skin for this helmet. Less ornamentation.
I assume you want it more 'basic' looking. With bolts on and just metal or plastic looking. Rather then all this 'pomp'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckfromPortal View Post
I like it, it seems like a jedi guardian in a time of vast war would wear it, I don't know thats just the vibe i get from it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
Looks good, Q!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
That helmet looks awesome. Good stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
Hilts look fan-flippin-tastic in-game.
Thanks for all the praise guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Your helmet continues to improve
I've decided it's finished. I won't touch the texture anymore. I've messed around with it enough so far.

And testing has thrown up an annoying problem I've had before. It's to dark. Somehow the color of the mesh mixes with the texture. Not nice. And I can't remember how I fixed this sort of thing in the past.

I've altered the diffuse and ambient settings in the ASCII file of my model to white before compiling. Thought it would have profound effects in the game, but no. I even kicked out the Alpha channel.

So far this is how it looks in game: On far left and right; the bling effect is 'on', though I had to rotate the camera to make my texture pop up. Else it's all blurry dark. No details.

Center is the result of switching of the bling effect; you see the texture but it's waaaaay to dark. Plus an odd red tint to it aswell

Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,