View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #514
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
"Pfon?", Varik blinked. "I heard passing mentions of him when I was on Korriban. He must have been long dead by the time I got there."

"I am glad to be off of that sinister world. However, something tells me that I have unfinished business with Korriban."

Varik felt the same way. "Indeed. Once I see this mission through, I plan on returning to Korriban to vanquish Hord's spirit for good."

He paused, and sat down.

"Anyways, I ended up on Korriban; not by choice, mind you. During the Battle of Haeedon I... made a grave tactical error, that resulted in most of the fleet getting destroyed and my own ship getting boarded. I dueled some guy named Darth Atrion. It was the only duel I ever lost."

He gave a slight chuckle. "I always said I was never a particularly good field commander."

"So anyways, I was a prisoner and ended up on Korriban. While there, I gave them the impression that they 'broke' me, and I ended up as a student at the academy.", he paused, clearing his voice. "The best way to defeat your enemy is to know how they fight, and use it against them. I was determined to find Tulak Hord's holocron, since he was a quite renowned lightsaber master, and I had previously learned about him while I was on Tython. His tomb just so happened to be in the Valley of the Dark Lords. Talk about luck, eh?"

"That particular tomb was an absolute nightmare to get through. I knew I was taking a risk, but I didn't know how large that risk was until I found his holocron.", he paused again, trying to recollect himself. "Because before he died, Tulak Hord transferred his spirit into the holocron, and to an extension - his sword. When I tried to use it, it was for naught. I learned little, was mocked, and then my mind was forcefully entered. I had a, what do you call it? A battle of the wills. I won, but just barely. There was enough of him lingering about to still cause a nuisance, and then it reached its peak on Tatooine."

"So long story short, I looked for a way to destroy my enemy and almost got destroyed myself.", he concluded.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 05-08-2014 at 09:43 PM.
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,