Doh! Guess I should do a little reading before I ask questions. Turns out that it doesn't report to the master server if the port number is 28070, so I bumped it to 28080 and it showed up! Now, I couldn't get the seta net_port to work from my server.cfg so I set an optional parameter for my script that will allow you to specify the port of your desire, else it will default to 28070.
I'm not much on versioning, but this one will be version 1.0.1 (.1 for the -p option)
I know I didn't give you all much time to reply, but thanks anway. Oh, if you're interested in future version of this script or have a wish list, please send me an email to the address listed when you specify -h or --help.