View Single Post
Old 04-14-2002, 02:49 AM   #22
Bronzefist

Smile

Hi Chenster!!! =)

Heh, I may have indirectly caused Chenster to make this topic because we were both on the same server yesterday for quite some time (at least 2 hours). We got to see ALOT of "one move wonder" players who used the heavy stance unblockable. This was the ONLY move they used.

I had the misfortune of fighting some of these players and the matches consisted of them jumping around like bunnies trying to land the move while I strafed and ran away looking for an openining.

Now I've only been playing this game for about 5 days, but damn watching/playing against people like this is extremely boring. Granted my current style of play isnt exactly entertaining, but I try to refrain from repeating the same move over and over again.

The server me and Chenster were on was a no force server so that means we had none of the "easy counters" to the heavy stance unblockable like saber throwing, pushing, etc. We basically had to take a chance and charge the opponent after the unblockable missed. Due to the HORRIBLE hit detection (that Toolboi mentioned above), I had an extreme amount of difficulty hitting the opponent during the recovery. Of course, playing on 56k doesnt help either :P And whats with the opponent's ability to do a 180 degree turn in mid air with this move? Pathetic.

If force powers were enabled, I dont think I would have problems dealing with the one move lamers but on NF servers it turns into an extremely boring cat and mouse game.

Done my noobie rant

Peace,
Bronze
Bronzefist is offline   you may: quote & reply,