View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #4
Kataarn

Re: Storyline inconsistent badly

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity

Did anyone else feel the cut-scenes and the storyline was rushed? For instance:

*Desann let Kyle free so he could lead him to to the Valley of the Jedi. He kept Jan to torture her about the same thing. Why not capture both and torture both of them until they cracked? He could of threatened Kyle with Jan being sliced or tortured if he didn't tell...this was just a lame plot twist.
There was a reason Desann did that. He knew that Kyle would go to the valley if he believed that Desann had had her killed. Simply, this was MUCH easier that taking the risk that you wouldn't find it if you tortured them both (which is a realistic risk).

Quote:

*When Kyle rescues Jan, she doesn't even show surprise about him now all of a sudden being a Jedi. Hello? Anybody in there, developers? Plus, the reactions in that scene were just terrible.
Desann or Galak probably told her what was going on, evil people have a habit of doing that. From that info, she could draw her own conclusions pretty easily.

Quote:

*The scene where Luke fights Desann. Blah. Desann's light saber throw triggers an extremely fake looking blockade. What the hell?
It was designed to slow him down, not kill him. They probably would've made it a teeny bit more realistic if the blockade actually did anything.

Quote:

As far as the cut-scenes go, all the characters have teeth that keep me up at night in terror. The faces look pasted on.
Yes, the teeth are screwed, this was pointed out in one of the reviews...I never liked them much either.

Quote:

I loved the game, but did anyone else feel it was a little rushed in this department? Plus, couldn't they have included some more skins and actual outdoor levels, such as towns? The short developer time kind of shows....
You have to remember, this is an FPS, besides, they had no reason to include towns. What on earth would they do that for? I agree they could've made a few more maps, and perhaps a couple outdoor levels...maybe.

------
Kataarn
Lord`Rift
[Ax22.]FT|Lord`Kain
Founder, Anti-Idgit Squad
"I find your lack of geek knowledge disturbing."
Kataarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,