Thread: Sabers
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 11:51 PM   #79
HBK

Googly, nice job. It looks great.

I got stuff to start mine the other day. Still finishing the fine points, though I have a basic idea and design already.

I looked at sabres on the web and got ideas of what looked good or not and how some things worked together. Added some of my own ideas, perhaps a bit to ambitious for my first try. We'll see. I didn't want a clone of anyone elses. I drew some diferent designs and am still changing minor details. I would definetly suggest designing beforehand and writing down what you can use for each part. Makes it easy. I must say though, once I got to the hardware store, my idea changed as I saw all the goodies and I probably redesigned 75% of it on the spot in my head.

I think it will be fairly cheap to build one(if you have the tools), even with electronics. I think $25 would be on the high side. I wouldn't know about Googly's blade, that probably cost a big part of his budget(I just looked, $187 !!! ouch). I have everything for the hilt and it cost me $5 so far.

HBK

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,