View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 02:04 AM   #66
NoodlyGod

Quote:
Raven, you'd better release another patch and un-nerf the guns. While you're at it, make it so you can regen force while using powers.
They made a product, you bought it. Live with it. Or don't play it. Making demands of a developer that you in no way control will get you nowhere. Perhaps try a calm suggestion. Or maybe even an occasional thank you for the countless hours these people spent on a game that the people wanted and seem to enjoy. Do you think they owe you something? These people spend their time on something for you. They don't have to patch this game. They could take their check and leave it all behind, but they listen to the people and attempt to fix things the majority seems to dislike.

Quote:
-The guns are a joke compared to other FPS
If you'd like to use the guns in another FPS, why not buy said FPS and play it.

Quote:
ACTUALLY LISTENS to us about what to change. Its like they pulled the ideas out of their butts and said "hey, lets change this and piss everyone off"
Raven has been more active in these forums and more in tune with what the community wants than any other game developer I've ever seen. Months before release they'd drop by the forums and answer questions and concerns. Then, after the release they continued to support the community. One of them released a few strategy guides the day the game was released. And I doubt anyone was holding a gun to his head. ChangKhan has 298 posts, the last of which was 4 days ago. He registered on the 8th of August, 2001. He's been here, listening and answering for quite a while. If pissing people off were their goal, they would have stopped production the day before the game was supposed to be released. Or, they truly would ignore the community and do nothing for this game.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. And remember that the developer does not revolve around you. Your needs and wants don't overrule the a)majority or b)the creators vision. This company has spent more time listening to us piss and moan then I ever would.
NoodlyGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,