View Single Post
Old 05-18-2002, 05:50 PM   #1
Sh4KrA
 
Sh4KrA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5
JK2 Linux ded sever => segmentation fault.

So here is my problem.
I upgraded my dedicated server for Jedi Knight II (a Linux one) to version 1.3 and copyed the "assets2.pk3" file to avoid the "segmentation fault" error.
The problem appears to be the same withQuake 3 (Retail 1.31)

Everything seems to work fine, since the server now runs (which was not the case befor uploading the pk3 file) and the bots are loaded (I use minimum number of players setting).
The problem comes when peolple enter the game. After a variable period of time, then comes this damn "segmentation fault" again, disconnecting all players, and sometimes cashing the all linux box.

My configuration is as follows :
***********************
K6-2 300 Mhz
eth0 : D-link DFE 530-TX
eth1 : 3com 3c509 ethernet controller (server runs on this one by default)
96 Mo RAM
6Go HDD
All units are linked by a 16 ports switch (100 Mbits).


I use exactly the same configuration files for both games, except for special values (such as map rotation fo example)

My configuration files :
*****************

autoexec.cfg
Code:
set dedicated "1"
set sv_pure "0"
set bot_enable "1"
set com_hunkMegs "64"
set sv_maxRate "15000"
server.cfg
Code:
// Les infos Publiques
seta sv_hostname "Hell-OnLine - Jedi Knight II 1.03"
seta g_motd "May the force be with YOU..." 
seta sv_maxclients "32"

seta sv_maxRate "15000"
seta g_maxGameClients "0"
seta sv_reconnectlimit "3"
seta sv_zombietime "1"
seta g_inactivity "180"
seta g_forcerespawn "30"
seta g_syncronousclients "0"
seta sv_maxPing "0"
seta sv_minPing "0"
seta sv_floodProtect "1"
set capturelimit 5

rconpassword "********"

seta sv_allowDownload "1"


// Les Logs
seta g_log "logs/games.log"
seta logfile "3"
seta g_logsync "0"

// Les Bots
seta bot_minplayers "5"
seta g_spSkill "3"
seta bot_nochat "1"


// Type de Jeu
// De préférence du Free For all, mais sinon :
// 0=FFA 1=Tournament 2=DM 3=TDM 4=CTF
seta g_gametype "0"
seta timelimit "60"
seta fraglimit "35"
seta capturelimit "0"


// Un petit warmup de 10 secondes pour se chauffer
seta g_doWarmup "1"
seta g_warmup "10"


// Voting
seta g_allowVote "1"


writeconfig jkiiconfig.cfg
wait 

// Rotation des maps
set g_autoMapCycle 1
map ffa_bespin
I check the sizes of pk3. they are the same on clients and server...
I tried several parameters on clients but this is allways the same result.

I need your help

Sorry for my poor English (i'm fench as you can notice reading commentaries in *.cfg files)
And Thanx for your future answers


PS : I can post you the logs if you like, but i looked at them, and nothing appeared concluant to me...
The "Segmentation fault" does not even appear in them


not yet...
Sh4KrA is offline   you may: quote & reply,