View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 05:42 PM   #39
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Quote:
If killing afk'ers is the difference between 2 or 3 points to win, then it becomes a skill.
Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. In no way whatsoever is killing somebody who isnt even at the keyboard, or who is typing something and doesnt have their eyes on the screen, a skill. A skill is defined as :Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience. Type killing is none of those things.

Quote:
AND if they had sense, they would go to an out of the way location to do what they needed, away from the fray.
You know, I tried this once. I passed by a sabre gangbang with about 4 people in it. I walked waaaay off to the side, and slightly into another room. I then hit the chat key but didnt type, just waited to see what happened. And no less than three of the four people broke off from the sabre fight to come after me, all of them spinning around backwards for their l33t backslashes for the quick kill. I was stunned. Of course, imagine their surprise when I came to life and cut down two of them, but whatever...

My point is, people that are typekilled often ARE hiding, off to the side, well away from the action. People seek them out. They'll ignore an opponent who is on the ground and disarmed for one who is typing. (well, some of them). Thats just not cool.

No, it shouldnt be a rule of "No typekilling or your banned!" But respect for your common man (or woman) and a sense of fair play and fair competition should keep you from doing things like that.

But then again, this is online, so you dont have to meet the victim face to face. So of course, all gloves are off.

And I never said that one could be at the top of the scoreboard by only killing typers.

ShockV1.89
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,