View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 07:17 AM   #54
GooglyMoogly

Demangel..thanks for the backup. I was pretty shocked and disgusted myself. Hope to see you around soon.

Vestril...again.I'm not offended by you at all. I'd bet you'd have a great time playing on the server.

Perhaps I gave the impression that I have one finger on the kick trigger...well...I don't. As far as I'm concerned it's mob rules..if everyone is playing and having a good time, but someone comes in and blatantly disobeys the rules...I have an obligation to the majority to remedy the situation. So you see...I run my server in a way you would probably agree with.

My biggest mistake is being naive in thinking that people would appreciate the fact that despite the games flaws, there are ways to have a good time. I've always felt the best way to deal with perceived exploits or cheapness is simply to not indulge them.

The crux of the issue is that I simply cannot fathom how doing the same thing over and over, or jumping into crowds of half dead people and repeatedly doing backsweep or stab can be a satisfying way to play. For the players that enjoy that...more power to 'em, all I ask is that you take it somewhere else. It's not like there aren't a multitude of servers out there that cater to this style of play or simply aren't moderated.

People don't like being told "my way or the highway", and I do my best not to abuse that philosophy, but sometimes it's a means to an end that benefits more people than it hurts.
GooglyMoogly is offline   you may: quote & reply,