View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 03:33 PM   #72
MatrixCPA

It's helpful, since the search feature is disabled, if you post questions in their own thread with a suitable title so that others with the same question can more readily find it. I'll answer your questions here out of the kindness of my heart.

Quote:
okay now next question is how bad do downloads tax the server? I also host UT servers and I know that it pretty much kills it unless you redirect to a different box. In other words should i leave it off? I have a 25 player max set and the network lights are solid when the server is full.
Well, unlike UT, a JK2 server cannot redirect downloads. However, downloads don't tax the server because the download speed is limited to the sv_maxrate. So, the player downloading a map uses no more bandwidth than a player who is playing. The downside is that it can take FOREVER to download a map this way--especially if the server has a maxrate around 5000-6000. Remember that a maxrate of 5000 is designed to accomodate a 56k user.

Quote:
I'm attempting a Duel/lightsaber-only server, but it always loads up with all the weapons. I've put in the line:

seta g_weaponDisable "65531"

but it still screws up and loads all the weapons/allows them all.

It even says "saber only" when you attempt to connect, but...it just says it.
You need to also use the following in your config:

seta g_duelWeaponDisable "65531"

There's 2 cvars for disabling weapons, one for duels and one for all other times.

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE."
MatrixCPA is offline   you may: quote & reply,