View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 06:41 AM   #3
Demise_SOK

Alynon- you must only play on duel servers to not understand how gimped much of other the MP games have become since this patch. You also seem to have a serious hair across your ass about heavy stance and the old version of DFA. I am sorry that you never truly learned how to defend against heavy style or step out of the path of the previously overpowered DFA.

Ok, with that out of the way, let's discuss how de-skilled most of the servers that you don't seem to play on have become since 1.03.

On a saber-only CTF server, using speed and absorb I can capture and score flags in 20-30 seconds thanks to the 1.03 'bl00bie' autoblocking. Flag 'whoring' is the norm in most saber-only CTF now since the options for killing a flag carrier have decreased to backstabbing. Hell, backstab is the central move used by everyone in CTF (except the noobies who are always asking how to do it). People used to spam DFA but not 24/7 like backstab. In patch 1.02 sabers did alot more damage and because of this duking it out with sabers was more effective for skilled players than constantly using finishers. Slowly, since 1.03 went live servers have begun to remove or limit force powers because of their inbalance- this means something is seriously wrong with patch 1.03 in my mind.

In saber-only FFA, there have always been ass fighters- no problem in 1.02 since a couple swings of the saber could kill them. In 1.02 if you bent over your defenses were alot weaker. Now, with autoblocking and less saber damage they can hang around for alot more time- running around crouched over looking to backstab into a group. Hell, backstab is the central move used by everyone in FFA (except the noobies who are always asking how to do it). People used to spam DFA but not 24/7 like backstab. In patch 1.02 sabers did alot more damage and because of this duking it out with sabers was more effective for skilled players than constantly using finishers. Slowly, since 1.03 went live servers have begun to remove or limit force powers because of their inbalance- this means something is seriously wrong with patch 1.03 in my mind.

Probably the least popular MP game is 'Jedi-Master'. I used to play this for a change of pace sometimes. Last couple times I played I saw one tactic- when someone became Jedi-Master... force pull all the opponents onto the floor, turn and backstab the whole lot of them. Fun, huh?!

Jeeee... was some of my post repetative? Well, it is meant to be since as you can see all these various MP games have turned very, very repetative.

Now that you might be somewhat enlightened to how other JKII MP games have been affected by the game outside of your prescious duel servers I hope you might see the larger problem here.

They should have just changed DFA so you couldn't twirl in the middle of it (they claim they made it so people wouldn't die walking over 'burried' sabers- as far as I can tell people still die walking over the burried saber), never implimented this idea that sabers only do max damage at 'full arch' (something I believe is bugged) and not lowered damage or raised blocking. I found play under those rules alot more fast paced and enjoyable and yes I not only had to THINK, I had to be really careful with timing or I had a good chance of being dead.

The other night, I was using heavy stance in a duel with someone who went into a med. twirl just out of range, I went into the swing and landed a heavy stance blow at full extension, mid-swing (when under the new gimp saber damage rules I am suppose to do full damage) right on the person as he was recovering from the twirl. I went on to lose the duel to a well timed backstab from my opponent and asked how much damage the heavy stance blow had done. The guy told me it was barely noticable. This is just one example of how well timed regular swings and strategies are just not rewarded in patch 1.03.

Wew.. long post. I am sure I didn't get all frustration out either after reading your ignorant post Aylnon.

"The King is gone but he's not forgotten. This is the story of Johny Rotten."
Demise_SOK is offline   you may: quote & reply,