View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 12:41 PM   #126
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

Cool Guy

I never did really, but I'll respond to the troll anyway:

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi3112
Star Wars all the way, I don't think any st starship has shields stronger than the shielded planet of Alderaan wich was blown up by a single superlaser blast from the Deathstar.
Uh, Alderaan wasn't shielded.

The only planet I know of that has full defelector shield coverage is Coruscant.

Quote:
furthermore those 1 weapon armed st ships don't stand a change against the thousands of turbolaserbatteries of the SW Star Destroyers (or any other capital ships like the fed's driodcontrol ship and those MC Cruisers)
Most Federation ships carry multiple phaser emitters, photon torpedoes, and quantum torpedoes.

SDs (and even SSDs) don't have "thousands" of batteries; they have at most a few hundred, which are placed to cover a wide area, meaning that they can't all point at the same target.

Also, Trek shields are "harder" than GFFA shield tech (ships can fly through SW shields, but they can only ricochet off shields in ST).

Quote:
furthermore SW has a much bigger army and if we run out of troops we just build some more Superbattledroids or clone some more Clone-Troopers.
"Bigger" and "better" are two different things. I'd put my legions of genetically engineered Jem'Hadar up against your clonetroopers any day.

Quote:
And off course we can always send in some Jedi in st they don't have any knowledge of the force so they won't know what hit them.
Why would Jedi attack Starfleet? They both stand for the same ideals of peace and cooperation.

Quote:
They will most likely try to fire on the Jedi with vasers but our Jedi will bounce them back with their lightsabers so in fact st will kill itself.
Don't know if lightsabers can deflect phaser/disruptor fire; the beams are completely different from blaster bolts.

Quote:
BTW nobody has metioned yet that protorps can penetrate the shields of a ship, that is why they used protorps to blow up the first Deathstar.
Again, Trek shields aren't SW shields; Trek shields are effectively both "particle" and "ray" shields, where most ships in the GFFA only use ray shields.

Quote:
To destroy those trekkie ships we can also send in Jedi Starfighters.
Most ST ships have computer-assisted precision targeting, while most of the snubfighters I've seen rely on the "point-and-shoot" strategy (and the ones that do use targeting computers aren't terribly accurate).

Quote:
but it will most likely be our against the st polyester guys (or was that gays) and are produced at a significant faster rate than those gays
Again, quality versus quantity. I'd rather have four years of Academy training under my belt than four years of accellerated neuro-programming.

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,