View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 09:36 PM   #10
Havoc Stryphe

Current Game: Mass Effect
Legends of the Spam

Chapter Four: Isolation

Another dark figure in the corner of the Inn turns his attention to the conversation. He seemed hesitant, as he fiddled with the hilt of his blade. It would seem whatever he had to say was a painful memory he'd rather not relive. In his eyes you could see him wrestle with the idea of turning back around and ignoring the converstaion all togethor and returning to the task of getting drunk just like any other night. But in the end, he knew it wasn't just any other night, and worst yet, he knew this was a story that needed telling...

Aye Eets, the SPAM tempts your very soul. No mortal man can resist it's power alone. Let me tell you young whips, always sorround yourself with comrades you can trust. Only a fool thinks himself greater than the SPAM. For if you were to venture out alone among the forums, surely as a flarg is ill-tempered, you will fall to the evil darkness called SPAM. Aye, even the most galant and righteous warriors have fallen at the hand of SPAM.

Ask around these parts and they will tell you that I, Havoc, stood for all that is good and was a constant thorn in the SPAM's side. I had smited the great beast of SPAM time and time again. I preached it's dangers wherever I rode. It seemed I was impervious to the SPAM's temptations. I thought I could stand forever against the darkness, but alas even I faltered and became weak. A great evil tempted me and I embraced it like a fool. The SPAM spoke through me, using me to do it's bidding. The SPAM made me try to tempt the forummites and even the Great warriors to actually allow SPAM to walk among us freely!

*GASP* Suddenly all who are listening take a step back and small children run and hide under their parents cloaks, only peaking out their eyes, from time to time, too curious to stay hidden long...

Aye, it was a dark time, and I'm not proud of what I did. If it was not for Sherack, the great Warrior who fought valiantly in the first SPAM War, coming for me and bringing me back surely I would have eternally fallen to the power of the SPAM, and who knows how far I would have gone. For the SPAM in the wrong hands could prove fatal to mankind, consuming this land in a great darkness, vanquishing all that is good and driving many a good men out of the land and slowly strangling those brave enough to stay and fight. These boards can ill-afford another SPAM War. So even I, who stood strong against the SPAM, need great warriors to stand with and accompany my journey through the forum lands.

So, today I tell you, nay, I urge you! Be ever vigilent and always on guard against SPAM. Though it is always stealthy and moves silently, tempting all who encounter it, it can be slain by good men who stand togethor.

The shadowy figure, still fidgeting with the blade at his side, hung his head and went back to drowning his sorrows in the tankard of ale before him. Slowly becoming one with the shadows that sorrounded him in the corner. Only his eyes could be seen periodically catching the light of the dancing flames from across the room. And in those eyes one could see only pain and sorrow of a man who no longer trusted himself...

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

Last edited by Havoc Stryphe; 06-20-2002 at 10:48 PM.
Havoc Stryphe is offline   you may: quote & reply,