View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #59
superthrawn

Roleplayer 
The carrier emerged from hyperspace into the outer reaches of the Kuat system. Though Katani had no doubts this thing could handle what was thrown at it until he could identify himself, he wanted to be on the safe side... that anitmatter projector could be rather powerful. He didn't want to risk it.

He did have one advantage of being out this far though--he could scout the area without them being able to scout him--at least that was the theory when they'd built such powerful magnification into the Conqueror, anyway.

He scanned the battlefield, looking out over everything. There was the Crimson Star, as expected, and the rest of the fleet. The real surprise though, was when he looked at Kuat, instead of being in a million pieces or covered with devastation, only a small portion of the surface had been destroyed. He was even getting life form readings from the planet. That confused Katani. He was supposed to be the last Kuati. It would give him and infamity that would be unrivaled... a "He's the last one, but he's still taking over the galaxy" type of thing. This whole having something left... that wouldn't give him any convenient excuses to go around blowing up stuff. He'd have to make up some inconvenient ones then.

All in all, with the minor exception of a few unforseen surprises the Kuati system was pretty much how he expected it. So, he opened a comm chanel to the Crimson Star forever changing the fate of everyone involved with this fiasco.

"Hello," he said. "My name is Katani Chass. I'm here to speak to Cracken."

"Space is big... really big. I mean, you wouldn't believe how vastly, hugely, incomprehensibly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
superthrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,