View Single Post
Old 07-04-2002, 01:16 PM   #111
superthrawn

Roleplayer 
Katani paused his flight into the system for a moment, and sized up the veritable armada that was arrayed before him. There were ships of all makes and sizes, from fighters to frieghters, he was sure he even noticed an Assualt Frigate in there. No matter, they'd all be doomed soon anyway. Naturally though, he was curious as to how he knew that someone would be coming. So, as any truly curious person would, he simply asked.

The name of the Assault Frigate, which Katani merely assumed would be the flagship of the fleet, went by the name of Happenstance. Although of a slightly older model, it was still a match for any ship of the same size in any fleet anywhere in the Galaxy. It's Captain called himself Otpio, he was born and bred on Belkadan, so he had a particular attachment to the place. Needless to say, he didn't want to see it destroyed.

So, when he was being hailed by this strange craft called the Conqueror, that had just entered the system, he was intrigued. So, of course, he responded.

"Happenstance here, how can I help you?"

"Hello, Captain. My name is Katani Chass. I'm here to destroy you."

"Yes, I knew you'd be coming. The prophecy has foretold it. The prophecy is fulfilled."

"A prophecy..."

This revelation shook Katani to his roots. He couldn't believe that someone had the balls to actually predict his future. On the other hand, his interest was piqued.

"Go on."

"Here, I can't explain it. I'll just read it to you.

One day shall come a great man's son
Who strives to rule o'er everyone
He shall place himself inside a Star
His Empire shall stretch both near and far

One day shall appear a Conqueror Without Equal
His insanity is the death knell for many people
Billions shall die because of his rage
A Belkadanaian Armada he must engage

United, together you all must stand
Though you'll be crushed by the pow'r of his hand
If you fight side by side
History shall remember how hard you tried

To the heart of the Rebel he shall send himself
Though it's citizens be be placed upon a shelf
Outside of his reach, though he tries hard
His destiny is to battle the star."

Now Katani was completely outraged. Someone actually thought they could prophesey what he would do. This was just too much. And insane! How could anyone think he was insane. Sure, he'd destroyed a few billion people and all, but when you think about it, is that really insane? He didn't think so. Anyway, this was just too much for him. Accusations, predictions, his mind was in turmoil. So, he did the only thing he knew to do. He killed.

The entire, ammassed fleet over Belkadan took all of twenty minutes to immolate. Katani was liberal with his Nuclear shells, and the ships were destroyed with ease, leaving but a few pieces of debris to mark their passing. A bit sad, if you think about it.

The only thing that seemed odd about this attack on the system though, is that Katani didn't finish it. When he looked down at the world, he couldn't bring himself to destroy it. He didn't know why, he just couldn't. So, he returned to the Sanity's Requiem, where the Captain simply couldn't stop buzzing with compliments about how incredible that had been. Katani wanted to buzz about a foot off of the top of his head. Finally, Katani made up his mind about where he needed to go. He had warned the Universe that he could cause damage. Now, he would cut out the heart. Coruscant. He would become a god.

"Space is big... really big. I mean, you wouldn't believe how vastly, hugely, incomprehensibly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
superthrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,