View Single Post
Old 07-20-2002, 01:47 PM   #39
CorranSec
Lord of Hamsters

I think what we are suggesting is that the Gunship becomes the second Republic UU. In the same way as the A-Wing is the second Rebel UU.
Jedi Starfighter should stay the same.... it's been done the way it is for a reason, and that reason is called Game Balance. i like it. I'm irritated by the delay before firing, but I know that without that Game Balance would severely suffer.
Imagine- Jedi Starfighter with fighter weapons. A pack of them fly into an enemy base cloaked. They fire at an AA turret, then stop firing- cannot be hit by missiles or other fighters. This could be repeated and would make the Starfighter absolutely and totally overpowered.
Jedi Starfighter wouldn't work as a Republic normal fighter either. Starfighters are unique, elite, etc. Therefore, they are a UU.

I really wonder what the responses would be if the poll was simply:
1. Republic Gunship as the second Republic UU
2. Republic Gunship stays as it is

Also, a little nit-picking thing, but the people who voted "I don't want the Gunship at all" clearly want a new Republic fighter.
This poll is getting weird because the actual poll choices are getting a bit cloudy, thanks to simwiz's expert muddling of the issue.
No offense.

Stupid Safety Warnings:
Caution! You could be killed if you collide with a large truck while driving this small car!
Warning! This knife has a sharp edge- do not press against your throat!
Danger! Matches can create fire that may burn you!
And, last but not least:
Caution! Do not point this gun at someone and pull the trigger!
CorranSec is offline   you may: quote & reply,