View Single Post
Old 02-24-2000, 12:53 PM   #1
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Will there be a Jedi Knight 2?

From what I've heard, Obi-Wan is simply going to be another TPM game, which for me is disappointing. I would have liked to have seen a story about Obi-Wan - I've started reading the Jedi Apprentice books (yes, I know they're meant for teenagers ) and the stories are actually quite good. I think there would have been scope to make this the next original Jedi Knight game - but I don't think that's going to happen.

Which leaves me with a burning question: Will there be a Jedi Knight 2 (or technically Dark Forces III?).

The story would have to be original (not taken from any of the movies) because that is what defined Dark Forces I and II. They expanded on the Star Wars universe and introduced us to some new characters with their own agendas. These are the elements that are missing in Obi-Wan if it is just another TPM game. If you've seen the film, you know all of the characters and the plot. So what's the point of playing a game when you know the outcome? That's why I didn't even consider getting TPM.

I think there's a lot of scope to make Dark Forces III. They could continue the story about Mara Jade - perhaps the Emperor comes back to haunt her, or something, and she has to lay her past to rest.

I know there are a lot of Mods out there with their own mini-stories - but another full game with a deeper story (complete with more great cut scenes to advance the plot) would be well worthwhile.

Just a thought

------------------
===============
Quote: 'I have a very bad feeling about this.'
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,