View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 08:37 AM   #50
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Shaft

All I ask is that you consider this line of thought. The fact that you mention you fixed saber blocking is phenomenal. Too many ctf games I have played where someone turns their back to me and runs, and while I hack away, they deflect me. ?!?!? If you have such precise blocking and fixed aiming, why mess around with this hack and slash stuff. Granted, the current values are more like 1.02, but I've always been a fan of quick ends. If an imperial flechette can kill me from point blank range at one hit, I'm cool with it. I'd just prefer that my saber battles also ended in a similar fashion. Good luck with your mod.
This is exactly the type of criticism that I'm after. Adjusting the saber damage vs. someone not wielding a saber has actually been on my to do list for 2 or 3 days now. You can bet there will be an adjustment in the final 1.0 version, though how much will be based upon input from several different online tournament administrators and players, as well as the community at large.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,