View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 12:49 PM   #65
ArtifeX

Re: Another ting i noticed,

Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
I'm colour blind ok, and the red crosshair is bloody impossible to see for me on most maps, how about bright green or blue. Most maps clash with the crosshair really bad for me.

I know we colour blind folk are a rare breed but i think it may be why i find this mod so hard to play with.
I've written a note to myself to make both the beginning and end color customizable through console commands. That work for ya?

Quote:

Also, is it possible to alter the Y co-ordinates for the crosshair, as i naturally look down to get a feel for the distance to opponent, pointing up at the chest is too disorientating for me.
Hmm, that might require some wacky math, which might give a little hit in performance to an already cpu-intensive game like jk2. That will alter your aim behind you when doing backsweeps/stabs as well, so you'd actually end up having to look down at the floor to hit someone squarely with it. Is that what you'd want? I'll investigate it.

Quote:

The other question is, was this mod intended to balance guns versus sabres because with default settings, saberdamagescale 1 its like a 1 hit kill mod. It feels liek every win or loss i get is down to pure luck. Suffice to say I'm a duellist and I'm used to long fights.
I've given myself the task of balancing out saber/saber and gun/saber combat in the final version. I'm most likely going to have two different damage scale properties that will allow server admins to adjust the damages to their liking. I'm still going to have the defaults set to an agreeable-as-possible scale.

I am a little curious about the 1 hit kills you're experiencing. In a couple hours of play last night on the official server, i never saw a 1 hit kill happen unless it was a well-struck DFA.

Quote:

I really am starting to get bad vibes about this mod, despite how ingenious the combat system is. It just feels like too radical a departure from the previous incarnations and mods.

Oh god, I hate to be the party pooper....
What you need to ask yourself is, "Is this better than 1.04 for competition? Is this better than the other mods available for competion?" I think so, even at this beta stage. Other mods just let you tweak existing logic like damages for specific moves or the amount of Force used for different Powers. None of them actually fix what was wrong with the game initially, at least in my experience.

Don't give up on ProMod. It's only been out in beta for 24 hours now. Things like how much damage the saber does and the color of the crosshair can be adjusted with user feedback. The core of ProMod is the CSC, which I think solves 99% of the gameplay problems of the original release and successive patches. No other mod has truly addressed them.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,