View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 03:52 PM   #91
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Rwos, that is correct he doesn't know where he is going. But in Deaths last post she had Ken'atra moving off in a direction. This would be towards Bifrost, even if he doesn't know this. Wodan, knows the direction, because of Huginn and Muginn. In mythology they were ravens that reported everything to him. In this case they are a series of Satellites that watch everything on the planet. Wodan saw the direction that Ken'atra was going a said that was their best shot to get him. Of course Ken'atra can change direction any time he wants. I did this just so our characters can do something even if they go the wrong way.))

Odin: Still Deac you do not understand, and neither do you Rwos. There is only one Ragnarok. We Aesir have been trying to delay it. Have you not seen the coruption in the galaxy? That is the first sign that the end is approaching. This galaxy has murdered millions of inocents. What my people did was in an attempt to save my life. I am not supposed to die until the Final battle. We made plans for if I die before hand. Now I'll let Vidar Describe Ragnarok for everyone.

Vidar: Ragnarok means the Doom of the Gods. It is also called Gotterdammerung, which means the end of the cosmos. Conflicts and feuds will break out, even between families, and all morality will disappear. This is the beginning of the end.

The stars will vanish from the sky.

Worlds will shudder with earthquakes, and every bond and fetter will burst, freeing the terrible wolf Fenrir. The Navy of Naglfar, and with Hymir as their commander, will sail towards the battlefield. From Niflheim second navy will set sail, Loki will be their helmsman. A third army led by Surt, will leave Muspell in to join against the all who are good. Surt's army will ravage all the worlds that they pass by.

Meanwhile, Heimdall will sound his horn, calling the sons of Odin and the heroes to the battlefield. From all the corners of the universe people will head towards the huge plain of Vigrid, where the last battle will be fought. Odin will engage Fenrir in battle, Surt will seek out the swordless Freyr, who will quickly succumb. The one-handed Tyr's flagship will fight against Gam's monstrous ship and they will kill each other. Loki and Heimdall, age-old enemies, will meet for a final time, and neither will survive their encounter. Deac will protect the weakest warriors. He will be suceed in his efforts until he is surronded. He will fight valiently but will slowly succumb. Rwos will lend aid to Deac in his struggle. The fight between Odin and Fenrir will rage for a long time, but finally Fenrir will seize Odin's Ship and destory it. Odin's son Vidar will at once leap towards the wolf and kill him by ripping the Fenrir's ship apart.

Fire will be flung in every direction. The universe will burn, and friends and foes alike will perish.

Hope lies in the Aesir and those that aid them. If they are true, then evil shall fail. The universe will be reborn, and the innocent and virtuous shall also be reborn. The cycle will then begin again.

Odin: To this end I sought you and Rwos out.

My people have been preparing for this final battle for longer then you can comprehend. We have developed the resonance torpedoes to ensure that I survive until this battle. We knew that if my life was ever threatened, we couldn't use idle threats. However we never thought the galaxy would make us go through with it.

Vidar: We unleashed those torpedoes and even targeted our own world, because all hope of winning the final battle was destroyed. We blamed the rest of the galaxy for this and felt they should suffer. However it was decided that a few chosen Aesir would live and wait Ragnarok. In case we still could win, even though we doubted it.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,