Thread: Hypocrits...
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 10:39 AM   #11
Rad Blackrose
Banned
 
Rad Blackrose's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Retired
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally posted by Psionic Jedi
While my better instincts counsel me to follow a policy of laissez-faire, there are a couple of 0oS Clan's statements I feel I cannot let pass. Some background is in order: 0oS Clan ignores the most basic ground rule of debate. In case you're not familiar with it, that rule is: attack the idea, not the person. I must ask that 0oS Clan's legates develop an alternative community, a cohesive and comprehensive underground with a charter to nourish children with good morals and self-esteem. I know they'll never do that, so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to put the prisoners in charge of running the prison. 0oS Clan says it's going to create a mass psychology of fear about an imminent terrorist threat some day. Is it out of its rash mind? The answer is fairly obvious when you consider that if I hear its attendants say, "0oS Clan's objectives prevent smallpox" one more time, I'm going to throw up. After all, everything I've said so far is by way of introduction to the key point I want to make in this letter. My key point is that the disingenuous nature of 0oS Clan's teachings distracts us from the real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of its accusations. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that its grievances are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying". Finally, whatever your thoughts or feelings about 0oS Clan are, I urge you to help me create a world in which cannibalism, stoicism, and revisionism are all but forgotten.
Translation:

Hi, I go by the JKII screen name of Carth, who is one of the admins of the 0oS server, and I go out of my way to make myself sound smart and instead talk out of my ass, which 95% of this post implies. The other 5% gives that nice little added smell to it.

So this must be your "smart guy" template.

And Padame, apology accepted
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,