View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 09:43 PM   #21
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Red face my 2 cents...

Here's some easy free advice (to add to what others have said) and there's no need to flame anyone either....

If you dislike "cheat-ridden" multiplayer games, DON'T JOIN THEM. Instead, join pure servers, or host your own. Most games don't use cheats at all, and they play the game using legit mods or simply out-of-the-box or with the official patches.

Nobody likes a sore loser, but if you're going to quit the community, do it with a little bit of class and dignity. Don't try to tear down the entire community with you. If you want to leave, leave...

If you really want to take the time to look, you WILL find games with like-minded people who are willing to play by your rules and not something you dislike. That's the beauty of it, you are free to make your own rules on your own server, and join ones you agree with, while avoiding ones you don't. If your favorite server turns "lame" just find another one. The "sabers only" servers are just the tip of the JK2 ice-berg anyway.

Other people will make their own decisions. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing this (in this and in other game communities) the old "because I'm leaving, everybody else is too" song-and-dance.

Sorry for the rant, but it's gotten really old and stale.

Also see my further comments in this other thread (don't people scan the threads anymore before posting?):
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76515
Kurgan is offline   you may: