View Single Post
Old 09-07-2002, 04:16 AM   #183
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((Death and I wrote this post via AIM instant message. The parts that she or I wrote are indicated...just disclaimer

The flashback takes place just before the jump to Atredis - which it turns out Ken'atra went to because he heard the Starkiller mention it, and this battle was recorded in the Renare database. The Darkstar apparently just followed the Time Matrix' jump contrary to what Rwos thought))

Several Minutes Ago

Ken'atra

*Atredis...hmm...well it should be interesting. Oh but how glad he is he stopped to watch all this! Such a spectacle! Such a show of drama! If it weren't for the fact that they were there to stop him he might just find them too amusing to destroy.* Torture and kill me twice. Such high hopes. *he chuckles slightly* But no matter, there is work to be done. *he takes out the Time Matrix and concentrates on his next target. Once he's there he walks away*

Present

Rwos

*Rwos takes advantage of the Avatars' argument and scoops up the unconscious Deac. He leaps off the battlement and flies over the castle edge. Stormtroopers shoot at him, but he quickly clears the wall and escapes their range, putting a wall between him and the fight. He looks down to see where he is going...and recognizes the lone figure below him.

It is Ken'atra.*

Ken'atra

*His eyes wander up to see a flying creature. Oh, it's one of them! How interesting. He smiles and waves at him before sending a shockwave through the Force right at him*

Rwos

*Rwos stares at the figure in astonishment for about a millisecond. Then he is hit, hard, by some invisible force. He tumbles from the sky, dropping Deac. He barely manages to catch the child and shield him with his own body before he hits the ground, hard.*

Ken'atra

*Walks over to him and kneels next to him* Stay out of my way, you and your whole group. Or next time I will do more than make you tumble out of the sky. *Looks at the 10 year old child and runs his fingers down his cheek* To be young...to be innocent... *pulls his hand away and walks off*

Rwos

*Rwos groans and tries to move his body. He can't. Great...now he was stuck. He manages to call after Ken'atra*

Why...are you doing this?

Wait...he hasn't killed Deac. Isn't that the point of his being here?

Ken'atra

*He stops, but doesn't turn. His voice holds the slightest hint of sorrow* To regain what I have lost.

Rwos

...What? Why are you here? What have you lost?

Ken'atra

*Looks at him over his shoulder* Now that, my dear, is none of your business.

Rwos

Rwos: You heard what that lizard creature said, didn't you...you know we're going to kill you.

Ken'atra

I am not afraid of death. The eternal sleep even seem comforting at times. But I cannot die...not when there still is a chance to right the wrong that has been done to me.

Rwos

Right wrong!? Weren't you Reletha Darkstar's apprentice? Practically a Sith?

Ken'atra

That would be I.

Rwos

*Rwos tries to move again. His physical regeneration is kicking in. At least that still worked*

I know what will happen to you, Ken'atra. You're going to fail. The galaxy will be ten times worse than the one you came from...and all because of your interference. That's why we are here! To stop you from doing that.

If you think I'm lying...explain to yourself how we got here. We didn't touch the Time Matrix. Yet we followed you from Asgard to here, and you didn't know it, but we were on Renare with you, too.

Ken'atra

I care not for the rest of the universe. How dare you even think that you understand what my purpose is. You know nothing. I am not the villain here.

Rwos

Then stop this! There has to be a better way than just killing everyone...Ken'atra, is this because of the Holocaust? There is a better way. I was directly involved...I know how to stop it!

Ken'atra

How dare you?! *Spins around the Force trembles around him as his anger is felt* I have spent a long time searching for a so called better way! There is no better way! Everyone must die! *his eyes turns deadly calm and icy* Everyone will die

Rwos

You don't have to. If you do just one thing, save one person, the Holocaust won't happen. I give you my word. Let me help you, Ken'atra.

Ken'atra

*For a slight moment he looks like he might say all right, but then his eyes turn cold and he flips his hair in a 'I'm better than you' manner* I do not trust you. And I don't need help. *Turns and walks off*

Rwos

*calls after him* Ken'atra! You're making a mistake. *Rwos tries to get up, but he still hasn't healed. His back had probably broken. He could feel it healing; the bones in his back were shifting, but he was still incapacitated* What the hell do you think you're going to try to do here? *he yells after Ken'atra's receding form, frustrated* You're making a big mistake!

Dammit.

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,