View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 06:32 PM   #592
DeTRiTiC-iQ

hmmm...

These are the scripts I made for my clan.

First I bind some keys for changing "modes" or config files quickly

Code:
bind HOME "exec carrier.cfg"
bind PGUP "exec attack.cfg"
bind INS "exec defense.cfg"
bind KP_ENTER "Kill"
bind KP_INS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2MESSAGE RECEIVED, MOVING INTO POSITION"
So when I'm a flag-carrier I press HOME, when i'm on attack or recovery I press Page-Up and when I'm on defense I press Insert. Notice i've also included my two generic CTF commands, this allows me to respond quickly and/or respawn back to base to for defense.

Next we have the contents of each file. First carrier.cfg:

Code:
unbind KP_STAR
unbind KP_MINUS
unbind KP_HOME
unbind KP_UPARROW
unbind KP_PGUP
unbind KP_LEFTARROW
unbind KP_5
unbind KP_RIGHTARROW
unbind KP_END
unbind KP_DOWNARROW
unbind KP_PGDN
unbind KP_PLUS
unbind KP_DEL
bind KP_SLASH "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^5 I NEED URGENT COVER"
bind KP_STAR "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1 I NEED URGENT HEALING"
bind KP_MINUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2 I NEED AN URGENT MANA BOOST"
bind KP_HOME "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_UPARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY BASE"
bind KP_PGUP "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5UPPER ROUTE"
bind KP_5 "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5MIDDLE AREA"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5LOWER ROUTE"
bind KP_END "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME BASE"
bind KP_PGDN "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_DEL "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> I am now ^5CARRYING THE FLAG"
bind KP_PLUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2I AM ABOUT TO ENTER OUR BASE WITH THE FLAG"
Next we have defense.cfg, you use this whenever you are defending the BASE only, i've put recovery stuff in with the attack script.

Code:
unbind KP_SLASH
unbind KP_STAR
unbind KP_MINUS
unbind KP_HOME
unbind KP_UPARROW
unbind KP_PGUP
unbind KP_LEFTARROW
unbind KP_5
unbind KP_RIGHTARROW
unbind KP_END
unbind KP_DOWNARROW
unbind KP_PGDN
unbind KP_PLUS
unbind KP_DEL
bind KP_SLASH "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> MORE PLAYERS NEEDED ON DEFENSE"
bind KP_STAR "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ENEMY PLAYERS ARE IN OUR BASE: ^1USE FORCE SEEING"
bind KP_MINUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1OUR BASE IS OVERRUN BY THE ENEMY: HELP NEEDED"
bind KP_UPARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2TOP ROUTE"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_5 "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2MIDDLE ROUTE"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2BOTTOM ROUTE"
bind KP_DEL "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> I am now playing on ^5DEFENSE"
bind KP_PLUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1THE ENEMY CARRIER HAS ESCAPED THE BASE, GIVE CHASE IMMEDIATELY"
Finally we have attack.cfg, used if you are either running to get the flag or recovering your own flag:

Code:
unbind KP_SLASH
unbind KP_STAR
unbind KP_MINUS
unbind KP_HOME
unbind KP_UPARROW
unbind KP_PGUP
unbind KP_LEFTARROW
unbind KP_5
unbind KP_RIGHTARROW
unbind KP_END
unbind KP_DOWNARROW
unbind KP_PGDN
unbind KP_PLUS
unbind KP_DEL
bind KP_SLASH "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^5 I NEED MORE PLAYERS ON ATTACK"
bind KP_STAR "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1 I NEED HELP PENETRATING ENEMY DEFENSE"
bind KP_MINUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2 I WILL PROVIDE COVER FIRE, SOMEONE ELSE GO FOR THE FLAG"
bind KP_HOME "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_UPARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY BASE"
bind KP_PGUP "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5UPPER ROUTE"
bind KP_5 "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5MIDDLE AREA"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5LOWER ROUTE"
bind KP_END "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME BASE"
bind KP_PGDN "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_DEL "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> I am now playing on ^5ATTACK/RECOVERY"
bind KP_PLUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1THE ENEMY TEAM ARE ABOUT TO SCORE, GET THEIR FLAG FAST"
Notice that pressing the Delete key on the numpad will notify your team of which mode you are currently in. The numbered keys on the numpad are for locational/directional information. The keys at the top/right of the numpad are for mode-specific commands.

These scripts are constantly evolving, stuff that doesn't get used much gets replaced with more effective commands etc. The current bit under review is the definition of ENEMY LEFT ROUTE/RIGHT ROUTE etc, since its often confusing as to which point-of-view these represent. As it stands, think of a birds-eye view of the level with home base at the bottom, and enemy base at the top. The numbered keys then represent positions on the birds-eye view.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,