View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #7
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Sounds like u might need to have played a few rounds before u posted.
Tee hee. He doesn't know who I am.

I R BIG MAN IN EURO JO PLAY0RZ COMMOONITEE!!!111 Not to put too fine a point on it.

Quote:
Right now the 1.04 patch has pretty much nerfed the damage of the game. Just last night while on a pub server I hit someone 5 , yes 5, times in red
Hmm, that's unlucky for you. I on the other hand am capable of hitting someone on pretty much any pub server once with red, and killing them. My average number of hits to kill, is two.

Now I'd lecture you on exactly how to do this, but I doubt you'd bother to practice it enough to use it anyway.

Quote:
Yes base jk2 is flawed
Rubbish, you're full of drivel.

Quote:
Only weak saber hits require skill, all the strong hits are just luck thus we must nerf them to death.
If you'd ever demonstrated taste and thoughtfulness in the past Fatal, I'd suspect you of sarcasm here. OH NOS!

Now disregarding that, and focussing on your eternal whining: everyone gets killed occasionally, myself included of course. And you. And everyone on this board who has ever played. But the plain fact of the matter is: Default JO is a game of skill. (Somewhat dependant on ping, like all online games.) If you lose more than you want to lose, Fatalstrike, then practice more. Or get a better connection, either will do. I long ago figured out that the only things you can legitimately blame your losses on are:

1. Ping.
2. Yourself.

Blaming your shortcomings on the game itself is not one of the more convincing excuses, in my book.

Quote:
Also don't
OR WHAT? Hmm? What'cha gonna do, "givin'-orders-boy?" Lol.

Quote:
when you opnely praise random blocking.
Do I? That's nice. Show me where. Direct quote if you please, no paraphrasing.

Or is it just that anyone who doesn't join in your fanatical anti-auto-blocking chant because they can time their shots to hit during the opponent's swing is "praising random blocking?" You tell me.

I at any rate thoroughly enjoyed the duelling in 1.02. I thoroughly enjoy the duelling in 1.04. I didn't enjoy the duelling in 1.03, even though I was acceptably good at it. This was because it was imbalanced. Backswing was easy to accomplish, and was an instant kill. Everyone was doing it... But I didn't lose more matches than I lost while playing 1.02. I won and lost exactly the same proportion. I lobbied for 1.04's changes (and many more) to be brought about as vocally as I possibly could though, because I saw that the game was imbalanced. People were doing nothing but this one move. I did not buy Jedi Outcast to play a game of "Pong" with my opponents. That is why 1.03 was bad, that is why 1.02 was good, and that is why 1.04 is also good. Q.E.D.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: