View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 08:32 PM   #33
Hiteche5

Quote:
As for making a server, why don't you make an effort to find a large number of players from the same geographical location as yourself, who can work to re-establish some of your west-coast servers. It's doubtful you're the only Hawaiian looking for a game of JO. Or is that too much work?
I have posted here a couple of times as well as on a local website for Hawain gamers. I have also rented a server running at the local LAN shop called PC Bang and after 2 weeks of no one being on except me they took it down. So I have done my legwork and put up money as well. Unfortunately most of the gamers are caught up in CS.

Quote:
That's unfortunate for you. What about the Zone?
I have tried to use the Zone as well. Pings above 150 people tend to stay away from.

Quote:
Nobody likes a patronising person.
I apologize...but I have heard that run your own server thing many times even though I have tried that option.

As for complaining about the fanboys and the patches...I think the mere fact that we have these shouting matches to begin with is the reason a majority of gamers dropped. We (I am including myself) have pointed fingers and shouted at each other enough. Jump on most servers (especially a FF, guns server) and there is more name calling than shooting. Puts off casual and avid gamers alike. Heck, even in the forums there is division.

The Rodney Dangerfield of forums
Hiteche5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,