View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 01:54 PM   #22
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike
Can it be done?

You would also have to make its power go straight to zero once it landed to avoid the "buried" hits of 1.02.

I say try it Artifex, like you said this a Beta 3 and not the final version so how will you know anything if you don't test it.
I'm a bit hesitant, as those new to ProMod or those who have never played 1.02 may react poorly to a spinning DFA, be it variable damage or not. It won't be something that's readily apparent while playing the game, so many will reflexively think I've just reimplemented 1.02's DFA. I'm going on vacation for a few days starting tomorrow. I'll let this gestate for a few days and see if it's the best solution.

Quote:
[/b]
What about increasing the back up speed to full speed when you start moving and slow it down after a few paces? In RL I can take one are two steps backwards at very high speed but then must slow down to avoid falling down. This would allow you small precise dodging up close but not let you run backwards like a bot.

If you don't think you can move backwards fast please watch the NFL on Sunday and see how cornbacks take their first to steps back in pass coverage. [/B]
Backup speed is set to 75% of forward speed at the moment. That's pretty darn fast for running backwards. That'd mean an olympian could run the 100m dash backwards in 13 seconds. That's faster than many people can run forwards.

I think the backwards run speed is going to stay as it is for a bit.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,