View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 06:29 PM   #32
FatalStrike

Quote:
Originally posted by zerowingzero
K a few points:

Fatal: Backpedal speed needs to be slower than forward runing. Why? Jk2 is not a gun only game. In gun only games, backbedaling really doesnt matter because all damage is done long range. With jk2's saber system, you need to make up distance to get attacks. I was suprised how long it took someone who would hold down backpedal and heal in PROMOD, not 1.04, with the bonuses it would make saber fights really goddamn annoying. Factor in saber throw and kick and you got yourself the worst weapon to use. If you don't belive me, set out 20 min and i'll use that strat, you probably won't finish me without useing a gun or posibly speed.
Yeah I gave up on the back up speed thing. I posted that I yielded on this point in one of my previous posts in this thread.

Quote:

Pulldowns: If someone force jumps with their back to me, i think it would be right if i pulled them quickly close-up, they would come back AND fall down. It's only logical
I agree 100%.

Quote:
Also some other stuff:
Increase blue damage a bit, maybe 5, it takes way to long to use the counter system on the fly, maybe you could show me a demo or something, it's harder to do then it is to explain.
I agree blue has a reach disadvantage and this could justify a small power increase.

Quote:
If you decide to make the DFA spin, limit the degrees it can. Maybe 45?
OR
Make dfa's ability to spin stop when it hits the ground.
Hmmm I disagree. I say let the puppy spin but, make a hit points arc for it.
Straight hit (about 10% center) would be full strength,
15 degrees farther right/left - Heavy hit and break points
30 degrees farther - a yellow stance hit and break points
40 degrees after that a blue hit and break points
anything past that or while in the ground after landing would result incidental hit (5 hp no block break)

Let the thing turn on the ground if its harmless

Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,