View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 09:45 AM   #26
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
I think a sequel so soon would be EXTREMELY BAD. There are tons of people and modders working on big projects, and they're going to be real pissed if after just a few months there's a new game that everyone's switched to.

An expansion pack using the same engine would be ideal. Modders can very easily port their stuff to it, and it lengthens the life of the game.

Plus, I highly doubt they would make a whole new game so we can find out what happens to Tavion. An expansion is much more likely, especially considering they made one for JK.
I agree - it would be better for the community as a whole (except, of course, for those who are already convinced JKII is 'dead' and that we should be up to JKXXII by the time EpIII comes out) for there to be a few years before a new game.

I think the expansion pack idea is a good one - build on an existing code base, from an existing storyline, with an existing developer. Fairly quick turn, brings price down, keeps 'full price' interest in the game strong.

As I've said, I definitely hope for such an expansion early next year, and would absolutly love to see a multi-dimensional RMG. Take the SoFII RMG, add new characters, and add indoor (i.e. star destroyer / death star locales) to the swamp / snow / whatever presets, and it would be fantastic!

Mike
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,