View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 10:32 AM   #12
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hey,

I'm not quite sure what your problem is, but if you want to play against computer opponents, I suggest you do it in single player. You can load any map into singleplayer with the

map <mapname>

command. This includes any of the the MP maps that come with the game or you have downloaded. Then you can spawn any of the NPCs from the SP game with the

npc spawn <npcname>
e.g. npc spawn reborn

command. Every now and then I do it and take on a bunch of reborns at once. They are much more difficult and fun than in MP and the action is much more realistic (better collision detection, and so on). The only problem is you can't use bots that you've downloaded off the web. However, you can convert MP skins and models to replace those from the original game. You can replace the Reborn with Darth Maul, for example.

Anyway, I've just found much more fun than playing MP bots. I suggest you give it a try. I play both people online and SP enemies. Playing people is fun and the most difficult, but I find playing SP NPCs has a much more Star Wars-like feel to it (you are not fighting someone called Dogg123, they don't spam moves, they don't say "l33t" or call everyone n00bs, and so on, which can be a nice change from time to time).

Have fun!
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,