Thread: New screen
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 12:22 PM   #6
jannar85

Quote:
Originally posted by Igor S1
Thanks!
Jannar: first, thanks for showing it to Tiller.
No problem! We talk almost regulary, when he's not busy. I didn't even ask him to comment it
Bill is always helpful.

Quote:
Ok, must confess that intro is already mostly finished and it would be too time consuming to go back and change some things, but thanks anyway

That's alright

Quote:

Now to write something in my "defense" :
as i said- this is not a scene from a game, it's AVI animation... the whole scene from screenshot is on for 5 seconds and is fully animated, so i found out that additional details on bg would be unnecessary.

Also, that's why the clean look- AVI compression adds too much noise already and most of the details are getting lost anyway (not to say gradients don't look so clean anymore).

Backgrounds for in-game locations are of course more detailed (the ones for cut-scenes/intro were colored entirely in Flash, to avoid Flash's problems that appear with bitmap pictures when you move the camera or zoom).

Agree about outline on character. I intentionaly made lines and coloring more "neutral", but i guess a bit darker lines and brighter coloring would really make his face easier to read.

Anyway, as i said, you need to see it in motion for real effect
Cool, I forgot to tell him all that

Quote:
Oh, and i'd like to say big thanks to Bill Tiller for taking his time to write down those great suggestions. I'm one of his BIG fans!
I'll tell him that!
(I'm also one of his BIG fans!)

I can't wait for Ignac2 to be finished. Do you have much left?

Regards,
Atle Ragnar Jarnæs Lerøy | Gamedeveloper

Runestone Entertainment

Stay tuned. Soon Launched.
Roger Foodbelly -.- Official Site
jannar85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,