View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 07:07 AM   #18
ShadowTemplar
Heathen

…Only the coward needs to enhance himself through anything but prayer…

Exempt from the teachings of the Legion

…Our soldiers can safely use combat stimms. We wouldn’t give them anything that wasn’t within the safety margins…

Exempt from a CGC propaganda broadcast

There was a sharp knock on the door. Reaching for her clothes and firearm, Calina asked who came to disturb her in the middle of the night. She knew that she should have slept in more than underwear, but there had been no half-decent clothes available, and what was available chafed.
“I am Lieutenant Morgan, ma’am,” he replied. The commander told me to fetch you ASAP. A whole host of Legionaries are popping out of wormholes in the outer sectors, and are coming in way too fast for us to be comfortable.”
Opening the door to her room, Calina replied: “Then we should hurry. There is much to be done. I am sorry for the delay, but I had to dress.” She had been issued a uniform, which she had clearly donned in a hurry. All the insignia had been cut off.
“What have you done to your uniform?” The soldier asked her. “The Colonel will go hopping mad when he sees that.”
“Let’s just say that there is no love lost between the CGC and I. They are neither better nor worse than the Legion.” Even as she spoke Calina walked towards the command centre of the base, at a speed that even the well-trained Lieutenant could hardly match.
ShadowTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,