View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #57
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alesh
A few more ideas:

Make the "off" hilt stay in the belt, I'm tired of carrying it in the hand :P

Maybe Force Sense (replacement for Force Seeing) could give some kind of Spiderman's danger sense, showing the force sight icon or something when somebody is aiming at you, or there's a projectile going to your direction, or, the harder (I think) idea, would be showing the path of the projectiles (ie a blue line, like the mine laser seen with force sight) so you know where will they go so you can dodge them.
That's a good idea. I'll look into it but it might be too much of a cpu hog to impliment that many additional trace calls. As for the blue line thing, I think it would screw up the look too much. You'd have 50 zillion lines in the air at once. Plus, with the new bolt speeds it won't help you much anyway.

Quote:
I think animation priorities should be reworked, ie. is a little weird when someone is trying to hit you with a heavy slash, you cut them with a fast slash, and they almost don't notice (i know they sometimes do, but not always, and this is in the case they are not able to dodge and they don't die from 1 hit), i think i said it before but the dodge animation seems to almost always replace the blocking animation,
That's mostly a hit detection issue more than anything. The saber is visually swinging thru the player's body but it's not registering a hit. I might fix that at some point.

However, I'll see if I can make the system make blocking scans during a dodge. The current system makes it too easy to get dodge comboed to death.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: