lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Missing texture
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2003, 04:57 PM   #1
Vegar01

Missing texture

I ran into a problem when I was going to make a mirror on one of my levels, I found out that I was missing some textures (like the mirror-textures). I looked in the "common" folder in the asset0.pk3 file (and in all the other .pk3s and folders I have), but found only:
-caps.jpg
-caps_glow.jpg
-dissolve.tga
-glass2.jpg
-mp_blue.jpg
-mp_red.jpg

(that was all the files in the "common" texturefolder inside asset0.pk3)

And I also noticed that I don't have Caulk-Non Solid (or something).

I just wondered if anyone know why I'm missing some textures, and where I can find them... I'v tried to reinstall the game twice, and checked if the texture is in the actual game (I checked if the mirror texture was in the yavin_final level, and it wasn't). If any would bothered to send me the missing textures (the ones I know is missing at least), I would be very grateful.

Thanks.
Vegar01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2003, 07:22 PM   #2
Leslie Judge
Teacher

What you have found is good as it is.

Let's see:

1. mirrors: mirrors are shaders, not textures. they use the textures/system/qer_mirror.tga file mostly as an in-editor image. The Yavin mirror uses textures/system/qer_portal.tga to be exact. And you can find the mirrors in the tests and system sets.

2. caulk_nonsolid and the others in the system set are shaders too. Their in-editor images are in the mapextras.pk3 in your base directory.

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Missing texture