lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Project Victor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
Eagle_e7

Project Victor

Hi guys.

I havenít worked on any maps for a long time now, unfortunately I've been too tied up in CG work, Short Films e.t.c

Here's a look at a new map I'm working on. The style is kind of a mix between futuristic technology and Victorian architecture.

Lightmap:

Tris:

This room is probably the least wacky part I have planned.. heheh. I'd like to build a full mansion, but I'll have to see how much time I'll be getting to build this thing.

My online portfolio:
http://www.jmaguire.co.uk/
NRG Online 2.0
http://nrgteam.telefragged.com/
Eagle_e7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 05:27 PM   #2
Lil Killa
lunatic

Looks cool but that blue crystal seems a little out of place.

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 05:35 PM   #3
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

You have been playing far too much Myst lately.

Looks great, keep it up! If you don't get a full mansion done, I'd like to see a couple of rooms expanding this futuristic-tech/Victorian theme a little...right now it's just a blue thingy hanging from the cieling! But what an excellent blue thingy it is!

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
That's some mad detailing there, so many items and objects to inspect and look at!

Love the style, I've got to say that's the best futuristic victorian room I've seen so far. (Hell, it's the only one.)

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 12:05 AM   #5
Codja X

I really like the light blooming you've got coming in through the windows. A good use of the dynamic glow

Also, does that clock work?

All you need now is to create a skin for the player model with a pipe and a smoking jacket and it'll be perfect
Codja X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 01:04 AM   #6
lassev
cryptoscripter

The most detailed textures I have ever seen! Totally first-class work. And architectural detailing is also spot on. And like Codja said, you have some splendid lighting effects also. However, I agree with Lil Killa on the crystal...

The clock would indeed be very nice... Yes... Func_rotatings as the hands... And possibly scripted func_static as the pendelum (unless there's an entity doing the same job). It would make a very nice detail, yes. Hmm... If you scripted also the hands, it might be easier to time the chime.

Frozen by ICARUS
lassev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 02:38 AM   #7
Codja X

Yeah, use a rotate script for hands with 1 completion every 3600000 milliseconds for the minute hand and 1 completion every 43200000 for the hours hand.

A real time clock would be pretty cool.
Codja X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 09:57 AM   #8
Eagle_e7

Thanks guys!

I agree about the crystal thing, I'm hoping that when I get the rest of the map in and expand a little on the futuristic technology that it will fit in a little better. If not I'll delete it.

About the clock, the pendulum on it works but not the hands. That's an awesome idea though, I'll definitely do that.

My online portfolio:
http://www.jmaguire.co.uk/
NRG Online 2.0
http://nrgteam.telefragged.com/
Eagle_e7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Mapping > Project Victor