lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Awards Question + Suggestion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
Blimbo
Rookie

Lightbulb Awards Question + Suggestion

Another thread about weapons got me thinking about this. Specifically how people do not like to use rocketeers due to the fact of low kill counts. Even though taking out 1 rebel combat speeder could be worth 50 of your teams lives. It still only shows up as 1 or 2 kills and puts you at a disadvantage towards infantry compared to assault classes.

So my question. How many people actually click on the awards summary tab at a map's completion? How many click done instantly to hurry up and start killing again (or angrily watch a join counter tick away)?

My suggestion. Put icons for each award on the main summary page and possibly track vehicle kills on this page as well.

This would give me a lot more satisfaction at only getting 10 kills if I knew that I was the tank buster. It might make others use classes that benefit the team more than their own kill counts.

I'm not suggesting this for my vanity (though I won't complain), I use the rocketeers 25-50% of the time. It is for those who won't sacrifice some kills to win a map.
Blimbo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Well of those who i asked, everyone checked the awards tab. Maybe not everything, but at least to see if they got anything

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
I completely agree. They should also make like a "Best Pilot" award.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Awards Question + Suggestion