lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: RC Bugs?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-03-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
Cosmos Jack

Thumbs up RC Bugs?

I just finished the game and I think this game is the most bugless game I have ever played.

I encountered one instance of a bug that has been reported. A character getting stuck in a position near the end of the game. The only way I fixed it was by incaping them and reviving them but that was pretty much it. The other bug that I have heard of is weapons disappearing. I thought I ran into this one then realized they didn't disappear they run out of ammo and don't cycle tell you get more ammo. I could be wrong.

Not saying that there isn't other hidden things that you can run into that I didn't. I'm pretty happy with it and if SWBF had this level of polish off the bat. That would have been a l better game itself.

The ending is a little disturbing, but you well have to see that for yourself.

-QUOTE------
Every cock fights best on his own dunghill.
Cosmos Jack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

It is a very polished game, which is a nice change from JA and SWBF.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
Nokill
Veteran

yes but under all the floor wax you can stil find some dirty spots

Site: Clicky
Nokill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by Nokill
yes but under all the floor wax you can stil find some dirty spots
Elaborate please. Constructive criticism is the goal.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
d'spadawan
Rookie

In MP, when you go down a lift somtimes it appears as that you are still at the top of the lift, and you watch the lift going down without you, but then in a flash you are at the bottom of the lift, it doesn't ruin gameplay however it is strange.

'_'
d'spadawan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
Clones getting caught had happened to me in the demo, actually.

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #7
TCC-9
Lurker

Yep, the only bug I have noticed so far is that clones are getting stuck somewhere. Sometimes it's kinda annoying when you have to fight against tons of super battle droids. But at all it has only happened to me two times.
TCC-9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I noticed a bug in the PC demo awhile ago. It was at some part (I forget which) where you were supposed to move on, but the enemy keeps attacking if you wait around.

Well, instead of sending more and more Trandoshans, as I guessed it would, or them just stopping (when you killed them all) there was one straggler (shotgun guy I think, no helmet) who would NOT DIE.

My first tip off that something was wrong was that my entire squad was surrounding him and beating on him with the butts of their weapons, kicking him, etc. He wouldn't go down and was continuing to fire his gun.

I came up behind him and jabbed him a few times with my wrist blade, thinking I'd finish him off, but no deal. Eventually my entire squad went down because they were taking damage from his attacks, but he wasn't from theirs.

I then unloaded all my guns into him (even cheated to give myself the guns you don't normally get and used them) and used all my grenades. He killed me at least three times before my squad died, and I revived and tried to kill him for another few minutes. I eventually gave up and just moved on, ignoring him. ; )

I still don't have the full game yet, but hopefully it should come in the mail tomorrow.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
d'spadawan
Rookie

When you're in game and you get disconnected, and it says "this session is no longer available, is that because the host has closed the server (or in many cases, home server hosts close the game)?

'_'
Old 03-05-2005, 06:42 AM   #10
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally posted by d'spadawan
In MP, when you go down a lift somtimes it appears as that you are still at the top of the lift, and you watch the lift going down without you, but then in a flash you are at the bottom of the lift, it doesn't ruin gameplay however it is strange.
That's a problem with your processor, not the game. It's called lag...your computer takes a long time to load an animation but the game continues, so by the time your computer's ready again you've already reached the bottom.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #11
Cosmos Jack

Quote:
Originally posted by d'spadawan
When you're in game and you get disconnected, and it says "this session is no longer available, is that because the host has closed the server (or in many cases, home server hosts close the game)?
I have to agree with joetheeskimo5 The only problems I have had in MP is the other players trying to kill me.

It's a decently upscale game it might be too much for some low end PCs and will probably like in all games need a good e-net connection.

-QUOTE------
Every cock fights best on his own dunghill.
Cosmos Jack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #12
d'spadawan
Rookie

It's strange, nothing else lags. Getting new card soon anyway.

'_'
Old 03-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
Nokill
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Elaborate please. Constructive criticism is the goal.
well if you see the othere posts you can see that ppl get stuk in walls don't go down whit the grafety laws and stuf like that

i din't have so many bugs yet but i hope thay will fix it soon becouse bugs in MP can be a real pain in tha *nasty word*

Old 03-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #14
Kurgan
Headhunter

RC has the familiar incompatability glitches with the Gravis Xperience drivers.

If you have them running on your system (which is standard if you have the drivers installed), the RC installer program will crash and prevent you setting up the game. Disable the drivers temporarily (shut them down in Task manager in win2k for example), then install the game and you should be fine.

Found one small bug in MP: When playing as a Trandoshan, and you take falling damage or get fragged, the grunt you make is of a Clone Trooper, rather than a Trandoshan.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn

Last edited by Kurgan; 03-09-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #15
PhireStorm
Rookie

I too, had the elevator problem, but it was more like decending slower than the elevator. It works when you face down, you go as fast as the elevator, so try that.

spoiler:

on kashyyyk, the first wookie you see shoots a trando, however, if you shoot him before the wookie does, that trando is invincible.

Quote:
Found one small bug in MP: When playing as a Trandoshan, and you take falling damage or get fragged, the grunt you make is of a Clone Trooper, rather than a Trandoshan.
I've noticed this too, and other things, such as the clone windshield wiper, but i dont think its a bug. I think lucasarts missed on that cu its not like the end of the world if a trando makes a clone "UGH". I suppose a modder could get into a speech, and replace the clone grunt with part of a trando speech, but it may link both grunts to one musc file, so then the clone could make a trando grunt. but i dunno, I dont mod

www.freewebs.com/phiresart Come and see my art work!
PhireStorm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #16
adillon

i don't know if it's necessarily a bug, or maybe just a minor annoyance for myself, but i think the use of the squad command "FORM UP" (F2 be default) should make the other squad members, no matter what they are currently doing, come to you. i didn't like having to backtrack a bit because sev is still in his sniping position (for example).

i did have one instance with fixer stuck in mid-running animation, halfway up a ramp, and it took me about 3 or 4 times of 'using' him to cancel and reorder the order before he finally went and actually did it.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
BeBop
Rookie

adillon, that's what the F4 command is for, (Cancel Manuever) Which makes them abandon any position you have assigned them and will return to either F1, F2, or F3 depending on what you have set at the moment.

Another invincibility glitch, Once and only once happend to me on Geonosis. in the latter portion of the Last Geonosis Level, there are 2 SBD's that are supposed to be killed by falling debris. The 2nd however never reached his position. (I think because he stopped and crouched to shoot a charged shot at me.) So when the debris fell it missed him. And he was invincible. But he's easily avoided. Just run by him and you'll be fine.

Also sometimes the Wookies on Kashyyyk in the First level get stuck in a running position against a wall.

Tackle Cuddle!
BeBop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2005, 08:06 AM   #18
Nokill
Veteran

i got anothere one if you trow a grenade and its blows sometimes it blows for like 20 sec long or more and if also dos damage if i find out how to do it i can block hallways for long times

*but its better to fix it*

Old 03-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #19
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by PhireStorm
I've noticed this too, and other things, such as the clone windshield wiper, but i dont think its a bug. I think lucasarts missed on that cu its not like the end of the world if a trando makes a clone "UGH". I suppose a modder could get into a speech, and replace the clone grunt with part of a trando speech, but it may link both grunts to one musc file, so then the clone could make a trando grunt. but i dunno, I dont mod [/B]
My point was that it was a mistake and should be fixed. Why wait or a modder to fix it when it's something that the developers should have thought of before release? That's all. ; )

Old 03-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #20
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Nokill
i got anothere one if you trow a grenade and its blows sometimes it blows for like 20 sec long or more and if also dos damage if i find out how to do it i can block hallways for long times

*but its better to fix it*
SP or MP?

Old 03-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #21
Nokill
Veteran

MP its pretty strange seeing a grenage blow like 100 times mostly have this when i have a litle close combat and we both trow the same grenades you shoud try it

the green one's have this the most
*bin testing *

Old 03-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #22
BeBop
Rookie

I don't know if it's a glitch or intentionaly put or what, but,

spoiler:
On the Final Level of Kashyyyk, When you get Scorch to his Turret, if you look at the sky somewhere to the left of the cruiser (from where you are) you might be able to see four green lines coming down from the sky. If you use a zoom (like the Sniper rifle) and follow the lines down you'll see a canopy forming a roof over part of the landing pad. Around there, you should be able to see 2 boxes in the sky behind the canopy on top of eachother. (The one on bottom is easier to see) Both look flat, pixelated, and have 'FX' printed on them. What in the world it's doing there, I don't know. Click the Link that says Spoiler to see a screeshot: Spoiler

Tackle Cuddle!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #23
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
http://img229.exs.cx/img229/405/rcscreen4ux.jpg
Strange. Looks like a missing texture in the map.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:38 PM   #24
Kurgan
Headhunter

Found some MP bugs:

-Trandoshans have falling damage and death sounds of humans. Also sometimes when you hurt yourself with your own explosives it makes a human grunt.

-streams of blaster fire from far off fire fights often goes through walls (doesn't do damage on the other side) from across the map. Looks weird.

-you get a "scratch two!" award for killing yourself at the same time as another enemy.

-Server host can never be a Trandoshan in Deathmatch, even if he chooses it.

-hazy vision effects of EC detonaters often persist after death (on respawn you still have the effect going for awhile).

-Random crashes while hosting a game.

Last edited by Kurgan; 03-15-2005 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:34 AM   #25
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
-you get a "scratch two!" award for killing yourself at the same time as another enemy.
Strange, that didn't happen for me on a DM...

Old 03-15-2005, 08:28 AM   #26
Nokill
Veteran

also not for me

but there is anothere bad thing thay din't put battledroids in the MP

Old 03-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #27
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Strange, that didn't happen for me on a DM...
I get it a lot, a LOT (attribute that to my skill or lack thereof).

Try blowing yourself up with the same explosion you use to kill somebody with the Wookiee Rocket Launcher for example.

It shouldn't matter what game mode, but I know it's happened to me in DM.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:37 PM   #28
BeBop
Rookie

Never gotten the including yourself scratch two glitch. Have gotten the repeatedly exploding detonator. It exploded about 20 times and then stopped. (Really big black mark where it had been lol) So far ive seen it happen once, had it happen with a det i threw twice. I have no idea why it happened, it seemed to happen randomly. It would only happen with the Sonic Detonators though. I tried staying still until it finished and then throwing a det in the exact same angle and position, and...nothing.

Tackle Cuddle!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:01 PM   #29
Drax Kreiger
Rookie

I've had this really weird glitch with the Concussion rifle. Every time i fired, it didnt work. the game was really laggy though, but even after the bouncing around and stuff it still make an explosion or anything.
Drax Kreiger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #30
Kurgan
Headhunter

If you switch to first person mode while spectating people (Behindview 0 in console, when it's enabled on the server) some strange things happen.

Each player is missing their HUD (only displays their name and gun), likewise their weapon either displays 000 or 999 for ammo (I notice that weapon models also seem to display the numbers 999 in third person view, but perhaps this was just a shortcut designed to save memory.. but the first person thing is kinda strange). Also the projectiles from the guns in first person are missing (you see the explosions and impact hits on walls and bodies, but not the projectiles and bullets).

While right now this is not too big a deal (just looks funny) if/when we are able to start recording demos of this game, the normal UT way, then we'll be forced to use third person mode only, because First Person is so messed up.

I also think it's annoying that you can only view independently from one camera (or view directly from each player's view). In Q3 engine games you can "break away" from a player at any time and wander around the map. It would be nice if you could do that here. The independent camera is cool, but rarely is it where you want it to be while viewing.

Being able to view the health and stuff of various people while watching a demo would be nice for learning tips and for more suspense and to see how well someone really did.

Also, not being able to kick/ban people is a major problem, as we've had some people trying to disrupt games on purpose (team games). In deathmatch it's not really a problem, but in all team games there's huge potential for abuse without basic admin control over the server. We can't even change settings on the fly either.

Those aren't bugs, but major oversights. These are things that they will hopefully fix in the first patch soon. If not, online gameplay will seriously suffer. This is stuff that should have been included on release day!

Old 03-16-2005, 05:03 PM   #31
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but in SP if you start reviving a squad mate and then stop, you have to start at the beginning again, while plating detonators, slicing etc. stays at the point you left it at.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #32
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but in SP if you start reviving a squad mate and then stop, you have to start at the beginning again, while plating detonators, slicing etc. stays at the point you left it at.
That's not a bug... it's also how it is for placing breach charges and proximity traps.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #33
BeBop
Rookie

Well I actaully found a SP glitch not already mentioned. While playing on Geonosis, I was taken out and revived, then I healed myself with bacta. After that however for some reason I didnt take any damage, not even any shield damage. The weirder part was neither were any of my squadmates. I took direct hits from a Super Battle Droid and nothing happened. Fixer was next to another SBD getting hit repeatedly and didn't lose any health. Don't know what caused it.

Tackle Cuddle!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #34
Kurgan
Headhunter

In MP if two people get in a lift and hit the button, you both get killed. Not every time, but I suspect the "damage bounding box" for the lift killing you is such that two players have a much greater chance of hitting it, even if they both appear to have their models safely within the elevator lift platform. I don't know how many times that's happened to me in team games.

Another thing I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but when you take falling damage, this does damage to your health only, NOT to your shields.... yet in third person view your shields glow when you land, as if you had taken shield damage.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:32 AM   #35
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Another thing I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but when you take falling damage, this does damage to your health only, NOT to your shields.... yet in third person view your shields glow when you land, as if you had taken shield damage.
When I fell in first person view on a CTF, I lost shield...

Old 03-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #36
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
When I fell in first person view on a CTF, I lost shield...
Hmm that doesn't seem right. I'll keep watching to see if it happens to me. I thought you only lost health (third person just gave the IMPRESSION that you were losing shield as well).

Old 03-19-2005, 12:10 AM   #37
The Spartan
Rookie

Single player is very polished, but multi has a few spots.

For instance, I don't always get credit for my kills even if I can verify that the guy who got it was not in any shape or fashion near or attacking my victim.

This may be a lag issue, sometimes I get a message that I killed myself when I fire a weapon that should not hace an area affect to make such a thing happen, IE DC17, Shotgun....

The falls don't make sense sometimes. I always get hurt in the short drops from the vents that lead to the sewer (Is it a sewer?) in lockdown yet I can make some insanely crazy-long jumps that should, but don't, hurt me in other areas. Any imput on that vent drop I am not catching? I know I have made jumps twice that with out even stubbing a toe.

Sometimes I get a human vioice while playing trando.....Are there clone traitors leading them or what?

When in CTF and people go down vents with the flag there is flag glow where the flag is not almost every time.

In single player when rescuing the second wookie I notice the trandoshans MANY grenades were not harming me or my mates.....only I ccould complain about NOT getting hurt, lol

Not a bug, but the game could deal with some larger outside maps employing some turrets for base defense......make snipers a bit more useful..........maybe that is just me.......
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #38
BeBop
Rookie

Sometimes If I manage to kill someone and then they end up killing me (like a ECD, or a long shot rocket, or concussion rifle) Sometimes isntead of giving them credit for the kill it says I killed myself. This doesn't always happens. Just sometimes.

Tackle Cuddle!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:56 PM   #39
Kurgan
Headhunter

Ah yes, the infamous "weapon malfunctions".. ie: I'm in the process of firing some weapon and I get insta-killed by somebody at the same time and it says I killed myself.

One possible explanation is that explosives are detonated when shot (notice you can detonate TD's for example in mid air with other TD's or even bullets). It could be the person is hitting your explosives the instant they come out of the barrel and the animation is just too slow to show it.

On the other hand, yes, I've seen it happen with non explosive weapons too so something must be up.

I am guessing there is something up with the headshots/scratch2,3,etc counts. Perhaps the log files are goofed up so it counts too many of them early on then not enough later. I never get headshots anymore, but I figure I must be earning them because I hit somebody in the head and they go down.

Wonder if deleting the log files or reinstalling would fix it?

As to the falling thing, yeah, sometimes it seems like you take a lot more damage from short falls but not from long falls (Ie: leaping out of the base window to the raised floor on ghost ship you usually don't take any, but fall from the heavy repeater platform and you take a lot of damage).

If you're spectating a person and they disconnect, your view follows their corpse as it falls through the map and falls in darkness forever. Whoa.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #40
Kurgan
Headhunter

Arrow

More on the "Speed Hack" thing from the LucasArts Forums:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.j...773924&#773924

So in short, yeah, if you consider this game to be "bugless" you haven't played much MP. ;p

Edit: Okay I had some trouble posting the proper link. Go to the LucasArts RC Pc forum and click on the thread entitled "Speed Hack Detected"? Click here. Posted March 20th by me.

Last edited by Kurgan; 03-23-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > RC Bugs?