lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What was the worst?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Question What was the worst?

What was your least favorite Lucasarts created game? For me it would probably have to be...umm...well...you tell me yours first!
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
Least favorite Lucasarts adventure game or Lucasarts game in general?

For the adventures, I couldn't get into the Dig, but lots of people love it, and it's not like I hate it or anything, it just didn't hold my interest much and certain puzzles confused the hell out of me (though I think I figured out the bone puzzle on my own).

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
JofaGuht

I actually, don't kill me, but I was pretty disappointed with Day of the Tentacle.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
I didn't play DOTT until a couple years ago. I thought it was funny but incredibly easy. Probably if I'd played it years and years ago I would have been more attatched to it like a lot of people in the Mojo/AGamers communities.

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
urluckyday

Quote:
Originally posted by Metallus
For the adventures, I couldn't get into the Dig, but lots of people love it, and it's not like I hate it or anything, it just didn't hold my interest much and certain puzzles confused the hell out of me (though I think I figured out the bone puzzle on my own).
I kinda would have to agree, I couldn't get into the dig, maybe because I was only elementary when I first tried it, but the puzzles did stump me.

When I think about it, I really want to play it again to see if I'd gotten any smarter or more tasteful.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:17 PM   #6
JofaGuht

I dug the Dig...no pun intended. It's been a while since I've played it though.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2005, 07:56 AM   #7
Shuz

Maniac Mansion. Lucasarts' early (first?) adventure, was more annoying than fun. Thankfully their adventure games have improved greatly since.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #8
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
I never finished Maniac Mansion because nothing motivated me into continuing. However, it's not exactly fair to judge a game that I only started, so I will have to go with...

spoiler:
Full Throttle. The plot and characters rocked, but the theme didn't appeal to me at all.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
urluckyday

Yeah, Maniac Mansion...

Yeah, maniac mansion was probably one of my least favorites. There has been a lot of talk on the forums about graphics compared to gameplay, and how if you have amazing gameplay but terrible graphics, it can still be ok atleast. The thing was maniac mansion, had such bad graphics in my eyes (even for that time) and just an Ok story line, that it just stunk for me. Also, the little song at the beginning made me afraid that my computer was gonna blow up!
Click, Click, Clickclick, click, click. Boop. It didn't come from the speakers either, it came directly from the tower!! AHH STOP THAT NOISE AHHH!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:09 AM   #10
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
I couldn't get into The Dig either

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2005, 05:30 AM   #11
neon_git

I'm going to have to go for Maniac Mansion, the way you had to press a button before the game would tell you that you'd moved your mouse over a hotspot really ticked me off.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #12
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
What I hated in Maniac Mansion was that you could die. I managed to kill two of my characters (the first tried a recording at Green Tentacle's room, the tentacle mistook it for a mating call, charged at my character, and, uh... The second died when she put radioactive water in the microwave) and got so frustrated that stopped playing all together.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #13
Philocleon

"Funny, I thought you couldn't die in Lucasarts games."

Simia: Do you know anyone who lives in this alley?...I'm talking to you.
Ballio:I know one...myself.
Simia:You're lucky. As men go, not one in ten can say he knows himself.

----Pseudolus, by Plautus
Philocleon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #14
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Hmm, I haven't played a lot of LucasArts games, so I can't have a decent opinion. However, I'm glad so far no one has said "Monkey Island".

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera CafÚ > What was the worst?