lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #1
Fortnox
Rookie

Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?

do they? they've had Windu alive in the temple attack, they have Jango on the battle for Kashyyk, they call the galactic marines "clone commander", and the actual commander, commander Baacara, "Heavy Trooper" >_> they gave Luke a green saber on Hoth (lazy buggers) and gave Aayla Secura two sabers (there must be a reason for this), even had 501st troopers on Utapu. and ofcorse, they gave the magna gaurds guns. and, they might even have the BOH. WHY would you want the BOH in a battle front game?! it's not designed for Jedi dueling! and apparently, Rebels that have LAAT's (Republic Gunships) in space. W. T. F. Yoda has his saber on Dagobah (altho that is cool, fighting as him in Degobah) somehow they have Palpatine on DStar2 WITH his red saber
let me re-phrase the title, have the dev team watched ANYTHING to do with Star Wars- ever?

so I ask you, dose the team just go on instinct, or guess work? did some one have to explain to them what Star Wars is when they signed up? or do they know more about Star Wars than we think, but are too lazy to skin a different trooper for each planet?

*edit* and I just heard that they have removed Rhen Var and Bespin, dammit they were some of my faverote maps, I love the bespin platforms map!
Fortnox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
Darth Arrow
Rookie

Well the game must be released with the Ep III DVD apparently so they have to get the game down ontime. Instead of adding all the features they can, they are perfecting what features they have now (new and old) and the new features that they miss will be added to Battlefront 3 with alot more detail and timing because it wont have to have a certain release date..

This all makes alot more sense now but hopefully it doesnt take too long to add all new features and perfect the clone trooper batallions/colours and get all the precise information down.

Darth Arrow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
Fortnox
Rookie

good point, I hope a SWBF3 is made. it would rule if you actualy had different legions, and on the galactic conquer screen you could decide where to send each legion
Old 09-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
Leviathan

Wait for SWBF II, first... After, you'll see if a prequel is needed...
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Totally agreed... you made the rant thread that I wanted to but I'm too afraid of upsetting the fanboys. >_>

BTW, what's BOH?
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Totally agreed... you made the rant thread that I wanted to but I'm too afraid of upsetting the fanboys. >_>
Is that me?
If it is, you didn't upset me, I swear. We're having a real nice little debate in the other topic.

That being said, I am 150% against the 2 sabres thing. All the dual-wielding is just destroying what Jedi duels are supposed to be.

And on the galactic marines/commander thing : they didn't even get the right colors for the battle droids in BF1, so I suppose you're asking a bit too much.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth54
Is that me?
If it is, you didn't upset me, I swear. We're having a real nice little debate in the other topic.
Well I don't know... I just know you're not against playable Jedi, but that doesn't make you a fanboy IMO.

Fanboys are like... the ones who are just... liek ogm tis gaem wil b r0xor fi yuo dont liek it yuo sux!11

Old 09-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #8
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
Yeah lets see how BF2 is before we start talking about a BF3.

I'm a bit dissapointed at the clone skins too, but I don't think the devs think that players will really care, they probably think that we care more about balanced classes and cool maps then if a clones armor fits the enviroment it is. Well at least they got the pilot droid right this time around, but then again now they have got the death star gunner as the imperial technician...

Sure the games not going to be exactly true to the movies, but they change stuff to make the game more playable and fun. I mean BF has always been a bit of a "what if" game anyway. What if the rebels and the empire fought on Dagobah? What if the rebels managed to win the battle of Hoth? I could understand not wanting these kind of inconsistancies in the campaign, that's supposed to reinact the movies. But in single player and multiplayer they can be a little more lenient.

and I really hope they include at least Bespin and hopefully Rhen Var in BF2

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #9
Rebel_Trooper
Rookie

This is all so right, it's painful to read. These are my EXACT feelings. Especially what they have done to the clones. I've said this before, but it needs to be said again. WHAT DRUGS ARE THE DEVS ON!? Don't worry about space and Jedi, make sure the game is correct first, then add the features. The devs have taken 2 steps forward then 10 backwards!

Battlefront II common classes: Bothan Spy, Imperial Officer, Clone Commander or the Droid Engineer. Without points an Engineer or Vanguard.
Rebel_Trooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #10
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Trooper
...Don't worry about space and Jedi, make sure the game is correct first, then add the features. The devs have taken 2 steps forward then 10 backwards!
Are you sure they aren't standing backwards, thus moving 8 steps in the correct direction?

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 04:35 AM   #11
Darth Alec
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerted
Are you sure they aren't standing backwards, thus moving 8 steps in the correct direction?
Its more like that. Looking back at previous mistakes, then mostly fiksing them. I dont really know the difference between galactic marines and commanders, but that isnt whats importent is it?
No, its the eksperience of the game, not so much looks, but eksperience.

I am a High Admiral of the Imperial fleet.

Serving the Empire is my destiny, and only Sidious is my lord.

Two starwars parodys...

Starwars gangsta rap

Robot chicken
Darth Alec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #12
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I haven't seen Jango on Kashyyyk, and i saw a Hoth screenshot and lukes saber was BLUE im sure of it.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
Fortnox
Rookie

seems I'm not alone on this, alot of pepole are annoyed at the whole universe being messed up.
and the difference between galactic marines and commanders is big, there is only 1 commander of Baacaras type, now there will be 10 or 15 in a match >_>

and what I meant by the dual sabers, is that Aayla has 1 saber, but for some reason she has 2 sabers in SWBF2
Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #14
Micahc
Rookie

Well if you can find a better Heavey trooper skin and Commander skin let us know. I don't really care what the clones look like as long as they can still fly a few hundred yards. But I HATE how the Magna guards are the CIS commander, thats just screwed in every way shape and form

Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #15
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micahc
Well if you can find a better Heavey trooper skin and Commander skin let us know.
Uh, take a Clone Trooper, and put some spare equipment on his back. Tada, instant Heavy Trooper. And uh... Commander skin would be either Cody, Bacara, Bly, etc. depending on what map you're on.

It's not that hard to figure out, so stop being an apologist.

Quote:
But I HATE how the Magna guards are the CIS commander, thats just screwed in every way shape and form
No more screwed up than having Galactic Marines as the Clone Commander.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
But I HATE how the Magna guards are the CIS commander, thats just screwed in every way shape and form
Sorry if I missed something, but where did you get this from? Does it also talk about the "classes" of the rebels and empire?

Old 09-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #17
Micahc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth54
Sorry if I missed something, but where did you get this from? Does it also talk about the "classes" of the rebels and empire?
It's in screen 3 of the PSP section on the official site. It might just be a PSP exclusive tho

Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #18
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 

?????????????????????? They are not the clone commanders!

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #19
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderobiwan

?????????????????????? They are not the clone commanders!
In SWBF2, yes, they are. Of course, that is seriously screwed up.

I don't think it's actually confirmed that the MagnaGuard is the CIS Commander, because I've also seen yellow-marked Battle Droids.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #20
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:

I don't think it's actually confirmed that the MagnaGuard is the CIS Commander, because I've also seen yellow-marked Battle Droids.
Pilots weren't blue in BF1. The developers obviously don't look at the movies often.

...if they ever saw them, that is...

Old 09-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #21
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Actually the Clone sixth commander aren't not Clone Marines...look:http://lucasarts.com/games/swbattlef...lic.Characters

Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #22
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Quote:
Actually the Clone sixth commander aren't not Clone Marines...look:http://lucasarts.com/games/swbattlef...lic.Characters
Way to prove that you have no clue what you're talking about.

See those guys with Commander Bacara there? Those are the Galactic Marines. And that is what they made the Clone Commander.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #23
Micahc
Rookie

Quote:

this could be because of two things:
A: Your right and the Magna Guards are heroes.
B: They did the coloration write

Old 09-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
Fortnox
Rookie

I've heard that its confirmed, plus theres that picture of a Magna gaurd with a gun. THAT is really, really ****ed up. the dev team is getting everything wrong.
personaly I thik the droid commander should have been a yellow-marked clone, or perhaps different on certain planets, like a crab droid on Utapau, but then again Crab Droids are probbably vehicles on Utapau
Old 09-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #25
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
Let's just hope they don't make the yellow marked droid the Heavy weapon class, or somthing equally inncorrect.

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #26
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

The Commander classes probably change for different maps.
Magnaguards aren't heroes they are a normal unit you can see it on one of the videos posted here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152199

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 09-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #27
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
The Commander classes probably change for different maps.
Probably not. I have seen, however, those camouflaged 41st troopers on Kashyyyk (most clones are still 501st though), and I haven't seen the Galactic Marines on Kashyyyk, so maybe at least one map has a different skin.

But it still makes NO SENSE, because the Commander should be Gree.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #28
Micahc
Rookie

Quote:
Probably not. I have seen, however, those camouflaged 41st troopers on Kashyyyk (most clones are still 501st though), and I haven't seen the Galactic Marines on Kashyyyk, so maybe at least one map has a different skin.

But it still makes NO SENSE, because the Commander should be Gree.
If the commander was Gree wewould have people complaining about how Gree should be a Hero instead of a normal unit

Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #29
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
If the commander was Gree wewould have people complaining about how Gree should be a Hero instead of a normal unit
Well then there shouldn't be a "Clone Commander" class. But having Gree, Cody, etc. is the only way for it to at least be a Clone Commander, even if yeah, it does mean that there would be multiple Gree's and such running around. But actually, if you do notice, there were several other clones on Mygeeto with the Bacara design, but only one of them was the real Bacara.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #30
Redtech
Veteran

I do believe 2 things:

1) Changing my avatar is needed
2) Most retarded thread so far. Think about this s-l-o-w-l-y and logically. Do you realise how short the time is for BF2 to be made and what the deadline is? It's still a lot of work with balancing, map design etc, etc ad-infinitum. Also, they don't have the benefit of reading the books constantly (I'm thinking technical manuals) and watching the movies non-stop going "hey, that guy has a scorch on his shoulder plate!" At the end of the day, you, THE FANS demand a game that is going to be released within deadlines that would have Hideo Kojima commiting Hari-Kari.

Anyway, you want to wait another 2 years, and make a next-gen game based on the UT2007 engine, BF2 would get "Best game ever" award or something silly like that, but if the demo is co-inciding with the release of Ep3 on DVD, things have to get dropped along the way. It's called "games development". Pandemic are pros at making games. They'll deliver if people will stop crying that SBDs don't really have rockets etc.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #31
Fortnox
Rookie

just like KOTOR2 then? it really wouldn't be that hard to re-skin and add accesories to the models they have already done (they already have Baacara but have him as a "heavy trooper"! they should swtich them round possibly) it'd only take about 6 months at the most for the dev team to make the new skins+model edits and add them on, I'd rather wait a lil' longer.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #32
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

SWBF2 is SWBF1 with a few addons. The modes of play are the hardest (and take the longest) to add to the game. The developers have to make the modes, then reprogram all the AI units to work with those modes. Adding one unit to each faction is not too hard. Its just adding a skin to a template and makeing a new AI. Adding new maps is not programming, its graphic design and a different department. The AI programming and testing/debuging of the entire game is what will take the longest.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #33
Redtech
Veteran

Remember, they are called "clones" for a reason!

Old 09-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #34
HordaK
Rookie

They are not just called Clones :-P
HordaK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2005, 08:04 AM   #35
Redtech
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordaK
They are not just called Clones :-P
Well, technically they are genetically modified on the germline (and possibly somatic cell line) which means their DNA is different from Jango, so technically, they are GMOs. :P

Old 09-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #36
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortnox
do they? they've had Windu alive in the temple attack, they have Jango on the battle for Kashyyk, they call the galactic marines "clone commander", and the actual commander, commander Baacara, "Heavy Trooper" >_> they gave Luke a green saber on Hoth (lazy buggers) and gave Aayla Secura two sabers (there must be a reason for this), even had 501st troopers on Utapu. and ofcorse, they gave the magna gaurds guns. and, they might even have the BOH. WHY would you want the BOH in a battle front game?! it's not designed for Jedi dueling! and apparently, Rebels that have LAAT's (Republic Gunships) in space. W. T. F. Yoda has his saber on Dagobah (altho that is cool, fighting as him in Degobah) somehow they have Palpatine on DStar2 WITH his red saber
let me re-phrase the title, have the dev team watched ANYTHING to do with Star Wars- ever?

so I ask you, dose the team just go on instinct, or guess work? did some one have to explain to them what Star Wars is when they signed up? or do they know more about Star Wars than we think, but are too lazy to skin a different trooper for each planet?

*edit* and I just heard that they have removed Rhen Var and Bespin, dammit they were some of my faverote maps, I love the bespin platforms map!
The reason why all this was done was to creates a little more excitement, more realistic, and better..there is nothing wrong with what they did!

Old 09-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #37
Micahc
Rookie

Quote:
The reason why all this was done was to creates a little more excitement, more realistic, and better..there is nothing wrong with what they did!
Um.. Explain how 501 troopers on Utapau, Magna guards on the front lines, Jango on Kashyyk, Boba on Yavin IV, and the Rebels having a Republic gunship make the game more realistic. There's nothing realistic about it! The 501 was never on Utapau, Magna guards are freaking body guards, Jango died on Geonosis, Boba never fought with the Empire on Yavin, And the Rebels never had gunships!

Old 09-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #38
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

We don't know that Boba wasn't on Yavin, and the Rebels could have got gunships from the same manufacturer.
Would someone please tell me how you all seem to be sure that Jango is on Kashyyyk because i don't believe that he is.

P.S. The MagnaGuards and the 501st look great i don't care if they aren't historically accurate.

- Halo_92

Old 09-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #39
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
We don't know that Boba wasn't on Yavin
Except that we do know that he wasn't.

Quote:
and the Rebels could have got gunships from the same manufacturer.
Sounds like a stretch to me.

Care to show where you got your information?
Old 09-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #40
Fortnox
Rookie

the "same manufacturer" is the kamino's >_> besides, even if you could get a gunship and use it in space, IT WOULD BE TOTALY USELESS! you can't use one is space! it isn't designed for it! IT CAN'T DOG FIGHT! it is designed to move like a helicopter, not really fast as needed for dog fighting! plus, the cock pit isn't sealed, the pilot would go flying out! its stupid.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?