lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Help out Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
The Help out Thread

This is basically a thread for people to ask for help with fanart or fanfiction or other stuff (I'm guessing it go's in this forum since fanart and fanfiction but I could be wrong) so come here if you need ideas or have writers block


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
Yuine
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: with the knights who say NNNEE!!!
Posts: 195
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond
This is basically a thread for people to ask for help with fanart or fanfiction or other stuff (I'm guessing it go's in this forum since fanart and fanfiction but I could be wrong) so come here if you need ideas or have writers block
Yes This will be a very useful thread for me. I always get writer's block and need new ideas.
Yuine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
What a coincidence. I was just about to ask for help in the Official fanfiction thread.

Since Oleander is such a complex character I'm having a hard time writing him down. Since we all view characters differently this will be a bit hard to explain.

To me Oleander could make me laugh, get pissed off, feel sympathy, and feel other emotions. So when writing him I don't want him to come off as "Woe is me. I am angry. Look at my angry face."

Oh and the time period that I am writing in is a month or two before the camp started. I'm in the rough rough stages of my story. That's why I'm being so loose with this.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
(you are asking for other peoples opinons on oleander or asking for story ideas oh well heres both) he kinda reminded me of a wanna be drill sergeant thats why I liked him because he's trying to be mean but really is'nt and I guess you could show how he went crazy and how his nightmares took over his mind


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond
(you are asking for other peoples opinons on oleander or asking for story ideas oh well heres both) he kinda reminded me of a wanna be drill sergeant thats why I liked him because he's trying to be mean but really is'nt and I guess you could show how he went crazy and how his nightmares took over his mind
This is really making me think. I'm almost itching for a pencil now. But you did bring up something important about him that I think I was forgetting.


I never even stopped to think that he has nightmares. I only asummed that Boyd and Milla had them.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
yea I helped *merit badge theme song* yes the helpful badge


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #7
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
does anyone have some tips for me I have a fan charcter Jake and i'm trying to draw him i know what i want him to loook like but it does'nt ever come out right he's real simple black hoody blue jeans black sshoes but I keep messing up on his face help


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #8
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond
does anyone have some tips for me I have a fan charcter Jake and i'm trying to draw him i know what i want him to loook like but it does'nt ever come out right he's real simple black hoody blue jeans black sshoes but I keep messing up on his face help
A few questions. Is Jake in Whispering Rock?

If so, then try to style what he wears around the Whispering Rock uniform. For his face, if you want it to be in the Psychonauts style go print out pictures of various Psychonauts drawings. Don't copy the pictures just pick up the style of the faces.

Hope this helped.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #9
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
thnx it's worth a try


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #10
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond
thnx it's worth a try
Your welcome....

Ugh someone give me an idea. Any idea. I need to work on at least two projects at a time.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #11
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
Your welcome....

Ugh someone give me an idea. Any idea. I need to work on at least two projects at a time.
Hm. How would you feel about a request drabble?


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #12
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
Hm. How would you feel about a request drabble?
Sure. Anything I really am in a writer's block that cannot be cured. Perhaps writing on something else will help.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:41 PM   #13
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
Sure. Anything I really am in a writer's block that cannot be cured. Perhaps writing on something else will help.
Well, if you could write about...

...

Hm. If you could write a quick Jasper/Becky, I think I'd marry you.

Paranoidish got me hooked. I was tempted to ask for Rainbow Man, though.


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #14
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,426
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Yeah, I wanna draw my RPG character for a fanfic I'm writing, but I just can't draw what my head sees cause I stink at drawing.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:33 PM   #15
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
what I do is draw several charcters in different styles pick the one that looks like the best one that matches in my head then I draw it several more times till it's just right but I have a lot of patience so it's not for everyone


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:37 PM   #16
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,426
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
but like I said, I FREAKIN' STINK!!
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:52 PM   #17
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
Well, if you could write about...

...

Hm. If you could write a quick Jasper/Becky, I think I'd marry you.

Paranoidish got me hooked. I was tempted to ask for Rainbow Man, though.
Stop saying Rainbow Man!

Pfft. I'm already engaged. Maybe request something not romantic?

Wow I totally dissed. Sorry PS.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:54 PM   #18
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
Stop saying Rainbow Man!

Pfft. I'm already engaged. Maybe request something not romantic?

Wow I totally dissed. Sorry PS.
YES. You can write about Wee Oly, plzkthx.

Does Rainbow Man hurt you that much?


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #19
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
YES. You can write about Wee Oly, plzkthx.

Does Rainbow Man hurt you that much?
No, I just don't feel like doing romance.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #20
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
No, I just don't feel like doing romance.
Understandable.

I can't write it for crap. You just don't want to.

And now that you have something else to write about, you don't have to write about Oly, mkay?


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #21
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
Understandable.

I can't write it for crap. You just don't want to.

And now that you have something else to write about, you don't have to write about Oly, mkay?
Wait..what else do I have to write? I am writing the Oleander and Loboto evil team, but what else?
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:57 PM   #22
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
how about Sasha goes insane over one of his creations and Raz has to stop him or something


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #23
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,426
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
NO, Can sombody teach how to draw SOMEONE other than Sasha?
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #24
splitsecond
Junior Member
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere between light and sound
Posts: 327
do a google search on drawing thats what I did It got me started on the basics


splitsecond- how ya doin sonic
sonic- please make a new avatar
splitsecond-no way I like this one
sonic-SCREW YOU!!!!!!

splitsecond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #25
Gruducuuz
Forumite
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pure bliss.
Posts: 697
I had heard the legends of rainbow man, but never expected them to be true, UNTILL NOW!



Bahumbug.
Gruducuuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #26
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
A pretty general question but what is it exactly that Psychonauts do? Psychonauts like Oleander who don't go off to save the world.

Also when they are not teaching camp.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 PM   #27
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
A pretty general question but what is it exactly that Psychonauts do? Psychonauts like Oleander who don't go off to save the world.

Also when they are not teaching camp.
They'd make good psychiatrists, that's for sure. I suppose some of the ones who don't constantly save the world could sit back for backup.


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #28
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
They'd make good psychiatrists, that's for sure. I suppose some of the ones who don't constantly save the world could sit back for backup.
Possibly...but would that mean in therapy they would go inside of each and every patients mind? Or simply study it from the outside.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #29
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
Possibly...but would that mean in therapy they would go inside of each and every patients mind? Or simply study it from the outside.
Going inside all the time would probably get... annoying. But since they are mental experts they could study it from the outside.


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:06 PM   #30
SandyPhanta
Forumite
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Everywhere, nowhere, and playing Psychonauts AT THE SAME TIME
Posts: 522
hmm, im not very good at fanfiction.(the last one i made was a Kids Next Door, and that was a bit OC) but I love reading other peoples, and if any of you make a good one, ill feed you cookies and love you forever :3


I cant start to tell you how many fics i started and never finished though. its horrible.
SandyPhanta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #31
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyPhanta
hmm, im not very good at fanfiction.(the last one i made was a Kids Next Door, and that was a bit OC) but I love reading other peoples, and if any of you make a good one, ill feed you cookies and love you forever :3


I cant start to tell you how many fics i started and never finished though. its horrible.
Oh same here. But I'm really trying. Paranodish and I are writing it right now.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #32
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyPhanta
hmm, im not very good at fanfiction.(the last one i made was a Kids Next Door, and that was a bit OC) but I love reading other peoples, and if any of you make a good one, ill feed you cookies and love you forever :3


I cant start to tell you how many fics i started and never finished though. its horrible.
Have you been to Zets' site? There's grud ones there.


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #33
SandyPhanta
Forumite
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Everywhere, nowhere, and playing Psychonauts AT THE SAME TIME
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
Have you been to Zets' site? There's grud ones there.
actually I havent, linkplz? *is slow*
SandyPhanta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #34
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyPhanta
actually I havent, linkplz? *is slow*
YUSSIR. Hang on...


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #35
TyraaRane
 
TyraaRane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: um...here?
Posts: 475
Okay, I've got a question for you all: if Sasha and Milla were to walk into a bar (and no, this is not a joke set-up), what drinks would they order?

Milla strikes me as the sort to order one of those crazy fancy drinks with the names I can never keep straight (Cosmopolitans, maybe? Hm.), but I'm not sure which one. (Oh, Full Throttle fanfic with your beer and whiskey characters, you have spoiled me so.)

As for Sasha, he probably doesn't drink at all, but if he did...? I have no idea what he'd drink.

(And yes, I just got to page three of the fic I owe shinzuku, and yes, Milla did just forcibly drag Sasha into a pub. I have no idea why. *facepalm*)
TyraaRane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 10:58 PM   #36
shinzuku
I am a ninja!
 
shinzuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in a box
Posts: 2,983
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraaRane
Okay, I've got a question for you all: if Sasha and Milla were to walk into a bar (and no, this is not a joke set-up), what drinks would they order?

Milla strikes me as the sort to order one of those crazy fancy drinks with the names I can never keep straight (Cosmopolitans, maybe? Hm.), but I'm not sure which one. (Oh, Full Throttle fanfic with your beer and whiskey characters, you have spoiled me so.)

As for Sasha, he probably doesn't drink at all, but if he did...? I have no idea what he'd drink.

(And yes, I just got to page three of the fic I owe shinzuku, and yes, Milla did just forcibly drag Sasha into a pub. I have no idea why. *facepalm*)

*starts laughing*


"The kraken stirs.
Ten thousand sushi dinner cry for vengeance."

shinzuku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 02:48 AM   #37
TyraaRane
 
TyraaRane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: um...here?
Posts: 475
Okay, somebody: synonym and/or another word for "hypothetically." I need one. Because...well, I don't want to count how many times I just used that word in the past few paragraphs. If there were a police division devoted to arresting people who intentionally overused words, I'd be in jail right now. It's sad. I need another word.

(Sasha and Milla are playing "hypothetical situation." I'm playing "for the love of God, it's almost 1AM, and if you two don't knock that off I'm going to have to come in there and hit you both with the cluebat." *headdesk*)
TyraaRane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 02:53 AM   #38
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraaRane
Okay, somebody: synonym and/or another word for "hypothetically." I need one. Because...well, I don't want to count how many times I just used that word in the past few paragraphs. If there were a police division devoted to arresting people who intentionally overused words, I'd be in jail right now. It's sad. I need another word.

(Sasha and Milla are playing "hypothetical situation." I'm playing "for the love of God, it's almost 1AM, and if you two don't knock that off I'm going to have to come in there and hit you both with the cluebat." *headdesk*)
Hmm. What about 'theoretically'?


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #39
Purple Squid
Music Pirate.
 
Purple Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere.
Posts: 6,197
Hot Topic Starter 
POOF.

http://thornytowermentalhospital.bravehost.com/


MOVE FAST TO AVOID THE RAYS
Purple Squid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #40
SandyPhanta
Forumite
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Everywhere, nowhere, and playing Psychonauts AT THE SAME TIME
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Squid
A WITCH YE BE!

*cough* thanks
SandyPhanta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Thorney Towers Creativity Room > The Help out Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.