lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Day of the Dead
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
Du Man

The Day of the Dead

This coming Tuesday! Any body have plans?
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
Du Man

Correction

I mean this Wednesday, sorry!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
Grim_comician

Let my friend try Grim Fandango, of course.

Manny: Hah! "Bust-all", my ass!
Grim_comician is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2005, 09:19 AM   #4
Shuz

I plan to tell my friends all about the DotD in exchange for blank confused stares.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 02:42 AM   #5
Rubacava

Well, my friend and I played Grim Fandango at lunch in celebration... and told people about it. Not much you can do in Japan...

It fortunately is have such friends person's. I hat you.
Rubacava is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 03:21 AM   #6
JofaGuht

I shall picnic in a civil war cemetary that's in my neighborhood.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #7
Rei_Nokato
Rookie

I went to school. xD And then went home and started on an essay whilst listening to the Grim Fandango soundtrack.

And also made an entry in my LJ saying 'A good Day of the Dead, my pretties' accompanied by this piccie:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...yofthedead.jpg

<3
Rei_Nokato is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #8
Murray the Chao

I am going to play Grim Fandago right now, as is my tradition on Dia de los Muertos.

"This going to be an annual thing with you, Manny? Every Day of the Dead, you toss your bones into the drink, and I fish 'em out?"

Murray the Chao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 AM   #9
Du Man

Dia De Los Muertos

Dia De Los Muertos 07', what's everyone's plans this year? This Thursday right? I'm looking forward to a test unfortunately. I also just installed linux, so I can't play GF, but I plan to try this app called "wine" that's supposed to emulate windows, so wish me luck.

For your education,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_dead

I relay wish this kind of thing was ingrained into american culture, it would put our graveyards to better use. Right now they're just places where we bury our loved ones, mourn, and walk away, eventually forgetting they are even buried there (or at least in my family). Though one of the main causes of this is because it's hard to find a local graveyard these days that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to bury your loved one there, so most of the time in my family we have to drive 45 min.s into another state just to see our grandpa, which we only did once one year after he was buried. Just wish we could bring the happiness and celebration of Halloween to our graveyards, it would help build community, meet new people, and hanging around those we love instead of leaving them to their cold, forgotten resting place.

Any way, I expect to see pumpkin carving pictures of Manny and crew from all of you, or at least some costumes!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #10
Ronny
Rookie

Ah, The Day of The Dead. Sounds much better than Halloween. Well, I don't have any plans for it as I never usually celebrate the day. But I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, death should be celebrated as an opportunity to pass through to a better world. Unless you're an Atheist of course
Ronny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #11
Frenkieee
Rookie

Such as myself.

I've actually never been to a graveyard to mourn in my entire life.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers.
Frenkieee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #12
Ronny
Rookie

Did everyone enjoy the Day Of The Dead?
Ronny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > The Day of the Dead