lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: anakin
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Sith lord 826
Rookie

anakin

I wonder who is anakin's father anyone know?

don't "under estimate the power of the dark side"

www.empireatwar.net

or
ask me for a kick ass sig Go to www.forum.cheatcc.com Thats my favoorite forum
Sith lord 826 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Click #94

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #3
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

OK the mods need to get down here right now this guy has posted five threads.

Anakin has no father!!!

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
OK the mods need to get down here right now this guy has posted five threads.
Come swiftly off of thy cloud and smite thy blundering foe, and bring some fondue.
(Ride of the Valkyries plays loudly in the background)
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
Darth Macca
Rookie

Anakin didn't have a father, he was created out of midi-chlorins by either Plagueis or Sidious.

Personally I believe it was Plagueis, Sidious says he has the power to create life.
Darth Macca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #6
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Anakin didn't have a father, he was created out of midi-chlorins by either Plagueis or Sidious.
Or neither.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
Darth Macca
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Or neither.
Anakin was born of midi-Chlorian and human. In Episode 3, Palpatine talks about Darth Plagueis who was so powerful and wise he could control the midi-chlorians to create life...I'll leave the rest for your imagination...
Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #8
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Anakin was born of midi-Chlorian and human. In Episode 3, Palpatine talks about Darth Plagueis who was so powerful and wise he could control the midi-chlorians to create life...I'll leave the rest for your imagination...
Sidious was BS'ing you. Ha, and you fell for him.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #9
Darth Macca
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Sidious was BS'ing you. Ha, and you fell for him.
What facts do you have to prove this? Yes he "MAY" have been lying, he "MAY" not ... my opinion is that he was telling the truth. Hence the reason why I believe Anakin was created by midi-chlorians by Plagueis.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:

Personally I believe it was Plagueis, Sidious says he has the power to create life.
Its never actually been stated anywhere thats what happened only implied.

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
Its never actually been stated anywhere thats what happened only implied.
Refer to post #2.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #12
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
Refer to post #2.
Yeah what about it? Terros is still correct.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 03-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
Darth Macca
Rookie

I have watched Episode I and my opinion stays the same. You keep on coming up with these measily facts about Lucas which don't change my perspective of the story. George Lucas is a total mystery at times, you never know what he'll come out with next! Your opinion is no better than mine, you can't accept my opinion because it is different to yours. I left a post saying, "I'll leave it for your imagination" and you reply with, "Sidious was BS'ing you. Ha, and you fell for him.", which isn't the politist to say the least and makes me feel your looking for a public debate. I stand by my opinion but yet you quote me on everything I say and then you turn around and tell me your not meaning to be offensive. Do you even understand yourself? If you believe you are right, why continue to argue? I have a different view than you...does that give you the right to quote my every post? I don't think it does. A forum is a place of opinion, that's the problem at times. People just cannot accept other people's perspectives. I have no problem that you believe Anakin was craved by the force itself - you may well be right like I said in an earlier post. Just accept what I have to say, and move along...we are never going to agree with each other because we both have different views. I just fail to understand the human mind at times...I really do.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Don't just post a quote explain why you think it is relevant and how it proves your point.

- Halo_92

Old 03-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #15
Darth Macca
Rookie

Quote:
Don't just post a quote explain why you think it is relevant and how it proves your point.
Well you are distinctively saying that the prophecy proves Anakin was created by the force. Yoda says in ROTS that the prophecy could've been misread and that Anakin was destined to dark side. If he is destined to the dark side then he was obviously created by some sort of dark taint. Plageuis can accordingly influence midi-chlorians to create life - which leaves me with the impression that it isn't zion impossible for Darth Plageuis to create him. The force did create him - but which side? The dark or the light...Personally, I believe the dark side of the force created him. Hence, Darth Plagueis created Anakin Skywalker. My View.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Until George Lucas says otherwise, the issue of who Anakin's father was remains unknown, so you're free to believe anything you want, be it that Darth Plagueis created him through the Dark Side or that the living Force created him or that Shmi Skywalker just ate a really bad Tatooine burrito and conceived him. For all you know, Lucas could pull something out of his ass and say that all those theories are incorrect. Please do not try to force your opinion on others here because no one knows what the definitive answer is. This goes for all of you. Keep it civil. I'd hate to have to put some of you on time-outs.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #17
lordzack
Rookie

George Lucas created Anakin Skywalker. As for how he was created in universe, we don't know. George Lucas hasn't said anything about yet. And perhaps he hasn't even decided. It doesn't really matter because it's all fiction.
lordzack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 07:15 PM   #18
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzack
George Lucas created Anakin Skywalker. As for how he was created in universe, we don't know. George Lucas hasn't said anything about yet. And perhaps he hasn't even decided. It doesn't really matter because it's all fiction.
It seems to me he's made up his mind, because he's come out and said that Anakin was indeed the Chosen One.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #19
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

I feel the need to point out that, if Sidious/Plageus created Anakin, it makes no sense for him to have been born a million light-years away on a dusty little planet, completely unknown to either of them. Surely, if they had created such a life-form, they could at least make it be born on Coruscant, or make its existence known to them. But there seems to be no evidence that anyone was aware of Anakin before Qui-gon, and there is no logical reason why the Sith would have created him on such a distant planet.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #20
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinga1
I feel the need to point out that, if Sidious/Plageus created Anakin, it makes no sense for him to have been born a million light-years away on a dusty little planet, completely unknown to either of them. Surely, if they had created such a life-form, they could at least make it be born on Coruscant, or make its existence known to them. But there seems to be no evidence that anyone was aware of Anakin before Qui-gon, and there is no logical reason why the Sith would have created him on such a distant planet.
I have wondered about this myself. I can come up with two reasons. First, since Tatooine is a backwater planet, it would be outside the notice of the Jedi Order. If a child was born of the Force on Coruscant, the Masters of the Jedi Council would probably notice the "disturbance in the Force." Second, Star Wars strongly implies Anakin came from Tatooine, so Lucas had to place him there.

As to the ongoing debate about whether Plagueis/Sidious manipulated the midi-chlorians to create Anakin, I have to ask those who believe otherwise this question: if a book published by Del Rey and run through Lucas Licensing says Plagueis/Sidious did it, why do you choose not to believe it?

Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #21
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
if a book published by Del Rey and run through Lucas Licensing says Plagueis/Sidious did it, why do you choose not to believe it?
Movies > EU
Old 03-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #22
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
La.

Stop bickering, plz. I hate it when people get all pretentious and huffy. Makes me wanna put them on time-outs.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #23
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Of those that believe Plageuis created Anakin, can you guys answer the following for me:
  • If Plageuis did create Anakin through whatever means, why he would do so with a slave woman in a remote world outside the boundries of the Republic?
  • Why didn't he create him in a situation he had much more control over, like in his lair or something?
  • Why wasn't such a valuable mother and son protected from interference (i.e. A Jedi Master walking right up to him and taking him under his protection and delivering him to the Jedi Order)?
  • Why would he allow him to be a pod racer? Sure he is talented, but why put him into such a dangerous situation where he could be easily killed?
  • Why would a Sith Lord create a being that he must have known would be the Chosen One and destined to destroy his kind? Isn't kind of indirect suicide?
It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #24
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Of those that believe Plageuis created Anakin, can you guys answer the following for me:
  • If Plageuis did create Anakin through whatever means, why he would do so with a slave woman in a remote world outside the boundries of the Republic?
  • Why didn't he create him in a situation he had much more control over, like in his lair or something?
  • Why wasn't such a valuable mother and son protected from interference (i.e. A Jedi Master walking right up to him and taking him under his protection and delivering him to the Jedi Order)?
  • Why would he allow him to be a pod racer? Sure he is talented, but why put him into such a dangerous situation where he could be easily killed?
  • Why would a Sith Lord create a being that he must have known would be the Chosen One and destined to destroy his kind? Isn't kind of indirect suicide?
Plagieus and Sidious most likely did some sort of Sith magik hoping it would bring the Chosen One to life but they'd had to wait for him to actually show himself?

Im sure this sort of thing has been used it lots of fantasy plots?

Last edited by Darth_Terros; 04-03-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #25
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Plagieus and Sidious most likely did some sort of Sith magik hoping it would bring the Chosen One to life but they'd had to wait for him to actually show himself show himself?
I'm sorry but I can't understand what you said.

From what I can understand, you're saying that they intended to create the Chosen One. Why would they intend to create someone who is destined to destroy the Sith?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #26
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
I'm sorry but I can't understand what you said.

From what I can understand, you're saying that they intended to create the Chosen One. Why would they intend to create someone who is destined to destroy the Sith?
The Sith have their own version of the chosen one.

The Sith'ari

Anyway i just used to chosen one as a term for someone created through the force and is strong in its use.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #27
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
The Sith have their own version of the chosen one.

The Sith'ari

Anyway i just used to chosen one as a term for someone created through the force and is strong in its use.
Yes, I know that. But the prophecy of the Sith'ari just says that he would come. Not that the Sith would create him. But that he would just come.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #28
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Plagieus and Sidious most likely did some sort of Sith magik hoping it would bring the Chosen One to life but they'd had to wait for him to actually show himself?
Why wouldn't they? Would they just forget about the whole thing and move onto something else?

Quote:
So the prohecy of the jedi chosen one never said he would be created by sith?
The prophecy says the Chosen One states that he/she will be created by the Force and concieved by the midiclorians.

Quote:
obviously plagiues and sidious wanted to force the prophecies into happning sooner by trying to use sith magik to bring it about.
But why?

Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #29
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Why wouldn't they? Would they just forget about the whole thing and move onto something else?
Didnt say they forgot about it did i? just said they didnt know where this child would turn up look im not saying this is what happened im just using what normally happens in fantasy stories and StarWars is a fantasy story.

Quote:
The prophecy says the Chosen One states that he/she will be created by the Force and concieved by the midiclorians.
I know what the prophecy is.

Quote:
But why?
Did you watch episode 3?

With the chosen one on their side it ment they'd be able to finally destroy the Jedi and rule the galaxy as seen in ROTS.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #30
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Didnt say they forgot about it did i? just said they didnt know where this child would turn up look im not saying this is what happened im just using what normally happens in fantasy stories and StarWars is a fantasy story.
Is that all you are basis this theory on?

Quote:
Did you watch episode 3?
Yeah. Did you?

Quote:
With the chosen one on their side it ment they'd be able to finally destroy the Jedi and rule the galaxy as seen in ROTS.
I'll say it again. Why would the Sith want to bring about a prophecy that fortells their destruction?

Old 04-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #31
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Quote:
Those are very good questions, and I must confess that I cannot answer any of them with solid evidence, but, rather, with speculation and my opinion (which I hope is based on sound reasoning and logic).

I cannot answer why a slave woman was chosen, except that maybe P/S found her to be strong in the Force. No evidence, just a possibility.

I think they would have chosen Tatooine precisely because it is remote. If they had chosen a "civilized" planet, the Jedi would have sensed the vergence in the Force almost immediately.

As to the questions pertaining to the lack of control over Anakin, perhaps Sidious was counting on the Force to bring Anakin to him. He might have been wanting Anakin to be found by the Jedi, so he could destroy them from within.

I don't believe Sidious thought of Anakin as the Chosen One. Obviously, he would not knowingly create the means of his destruction. He just thought he was making a geat Sith Lord. Numerous biblical prophecies were helped along by enemies of the Jews and early Christians acting in what they thought was their own self-interest.

As I said, there is no evidence to answer any of these questions, but that is the way many things are in the Star Wars universe. That's what makes Star Wars so intriguing and so frustrating at the same time. You can speculate about countless things, engage in interesting discussions, and never come up with a straight answer. But at least you can have fun talking about it.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #32
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

English is his first language and his writing is perfectly understandable.

- Halo_92

Old 04-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #33
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
English is his first language and his writing is perfectly understandable.
Well, this part confused me the most...

"So after they did what ever they did somewhere in the galaxy they managed to create this being born of the Darkside of force the only they dont really know where so had to wait for him to show himself."
Old 04-04-2006, 02:13 AM   #34
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
"So after they did what ever they did somewhere in the galaxy they managed to create this being born of the Darkside of the force the only problem they dont really know where so had to wait for him to show himself."

ok my fault i missed out a couple of words lol

it was late and i was tired still didnt take much brain power to fill in the gaps.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:01 AM   #35
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
it was late and i was tired still didnt take much brain power to fill in the gaps.
Gotcha. I've been there!

Last edited by TK-8252; 04-04-2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Look at that... spelled "gotcha" wrong!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #36
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
This Sithari thing sounds like some crap some EU fanboy came up with after TPM to try to cast Palpatine as some kind of antichrist figure to even further confuse the theological overtones of the whole anakin/chosen one thing. Am I right?

Let somebody put forth where this supposed "sith prophecy" is really stated, and if you say wiki, I'm going to clonk some noggins together!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #37
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Let somebody put forth where this supposed "sith prophecy" is really stated, and if you say wiki, I'm going to clonk some noggins together!
Click
Old 04-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #38
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Seems like your noggins heading for a clonking TK lol

Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #39
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

But it was indeed the fanboys who said that prophecy meant Anakin.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > anakin