lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: DEVICE MEMORY HELP pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeee
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-28-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
Rase1One
Lurker

DEVICE MEMORY HELP pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeee

Hi, I have a psp and I was wondering if any one knows how to steal memory from another device oor computer and transfer it onto my psp??
Rase1One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Steal memory? Do you mean RAM? It's probably impossible, memory is a piece of physical hardware which can't just be "stolen" without opening the device, taking out the memory module and somehow attatching it to the PSP, but like I said, probably impossible.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rase1One
Hi, I have a psp and I was wondering if any one knows how to steal memory from another device oor computer and transfer it onto my psp??
1) Why ask here?
2) There are different kinds of memory, physical memory (RAM), and memory for storage.
3) If you mean "steal" and not "take from a legitimately owned computer or other device that is owned by you", then it's illegal and has no place on this forum.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 03:20 AM   #4
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
2) There are different kinds of memory, physical memory (RAM), and memory for storage.
So memory for storage ain't physical, and I cannot store data in RAM? Here I am wondering and cursing about data loss. :PPP

Seriously, if Sony had something like this in mind when developing the PSP, and if they did something like this, the first place to get to know about 'how to' is teh manual.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray G. Jones
So memory for storage ain't physical, and I cannot store data in RAM? Here I am wondering and cursing about data loss. :PPP

Seriously, if Sony had something like this in mind when developing the PSP, and if they did something like this, the first place to get to know about 'how to' is teh manual.
I knew I should have gotten some sleep

Just reverse those... RAM is used logically by the OS and CPU to cache data they need to access (randomly ) many times per clockcycle. So it's not physically stored, whereas the data stored on a hard drive is written to the disk itself by causing small indentations on the disk in order to represent binary data (1s and 0s).

As for memory on a PSP... they have problems with their power supplies anyway, so adding more RAM or storage space will sap the battery faster.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 04:40 AM   #6
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
And even if you could add more ram or storage, you probably couldn't 'steal' it from another device or computer.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Forum Help & Feedback Center > DEVICE MEMORY HELP pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeee